We had a great time at the Raven Cliff Falls, GA hang this weekend. Old4hats stayed Thursday night and was there to welcome folks as they came in on Friday. We had about 7-8 people Friday night, including a hiker that Doodad and 93athiker (kidnapped) met on the trail and talked into coming. The hiker seemed to enjoy himself and we may be seeing another new member soon. Friday it was cold and the wind couldn’t decide which direction it wanted blow. We had to keep circling the campfire to stay out of the sparks and smoke. The low Friday night was 26 degrees. I didn’t hang my hammock so that the head was lower than the foot end and I slid down during the night and my feet stuck out over the UQ and froze. I fixed that the next day, plus added a piece of reflectix to the footbox of my TQ.

Doodad made a fantastic egg/sausage/hashbrown casserole in his dutch oven for Saturday morning breakfast and then we had a hammock tour show and tell. Swinginit set up his Darien UL and Orion X showed off some of his Ox gear. Members who couldn’t stay overnight came in on Saturday and spent some time around the fire with us. Saturday night dinner was hot dogs with chili and other fixings and Roosevelt beans, pasta salad, potato boats, slaw and probably some other things I forgot. Doodad made a warm cake something that I don't know what was, but it sure was good and kk4df made a wonderful cherry cobbler in his dutch oven for dessert. GrizzlyHackle provided tunes with his ipod and little speaker. We got some rain in the evening, so most of us turned in early. The low temp on Saturday night was 36, which felt like a heat wave compared to the night before.

The best thing was that they all let me play with the fire! All in all, a good time!