Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Senior Member mountaingoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Coast
    Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Posts
    420
    Images
    16
    I am not sure how to prevent sap on your straps, nor how to get to off on the trail, but I DO know how to get sap off of anything once you get home, if you don't mind the mess. Mayonnaise gets it out better than anything I know. I sat against a sick tree and got it in my long hair, a big clump of it. Mayo got it out completely in minutes.

  2. #12
    craige's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midlothian, Scotland
    Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    Zeppelin and sb
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCRs
    Posts
    1,357
    Images
    4
    I used olive oil on my straps when I got home and alcohol hand gel on my sleeping bag. Both worked great, the olive oil was a pain to get out though, had to use washing up liquid, next time I will just use hand get, I take a little bottle out with me anyway.

  3. #13
    craige's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midlothian, Scotland
    Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    Zeppelin and sb
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCRs
    Posts
    1,357
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    I am not sure how to prevent sap on your straps, nor how to get to off on the trail, but I DO know how to get sap off of anything once you get home, if you don't mind the mess. Mayonnaise gets it out better than anything I know. I sat against a sick tree and got it in my long hair, a big clump of it. Mayo got it out completely in minutes.
    If mayo dizzolves sap, imagine what it is doing to your stomach

  4. #14
    Senior Member mountaingoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Coast
    Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Posts
    420
    Images
    16

    Mayo!!

    Quote Originally Posted by craige View Post
    If mayo dizzolves sap, imagine what it is doing to your stomach
    Well, I think the acids in my stomach are probably stronger than the lemon in the mayo, but that is just wishful thinking perhaps?

  5. #15
    craige's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midlothian, Scotland
    Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    Zeppelin and sb
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCRs
    Posts
    1,357
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    Well, I think the acids in my stomach are probably stronger than the lemon in the mayo, but that is just wishful thinking perhaps?
    Yeah I think so , I'm positive all the fizzy juice I drink is worse, I just don't like mayo, or egg in general lol

Similar Threads

  1. Any solutions for hammock hat head?
    By lilprincess in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 16:55
  2. Solutions for condensation and cold??
    By grndslm in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 07:37
  3. 2-Person Hammocking Solutions
    By kc7fys in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 14:19
  4. Hot and Humid summer solutions
    By BrokeEnthusiast in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 09:16
  5. Window 7 Alert possible solutions
    By Lorethian in forum Feedback, Suggestions, and Site Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 16:27

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •