Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

ENO Gaurdian with a BIAS Camper?

I have some money to burn at REI trying to figure what I need vs what I want. How well does the ENO work with the camper? The net looks short, like maybe the camper would stick out the ends of the net.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    How long is the bias camper? I know the eno hammocks are short by most comparisons so you may have issues... Maybe a down sleeping bag to turn to a top quilt? Compressions sacks? Flashlight? Headlamp? Multitool? New hiking shoes?
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    How long is the bias camper? I know the eno hammocks are short by most comparisons so you may have issues... Maybe a down sleeping bag to turn to a top quilt? Compressions sacks? Flashlight? Headlamp? Multitool? New hiking shoes?
    not sure how long, but i know its long. i dont have enough for the down bag or the shoes i want( wish i did). i had hoped they had a decent neck knife, they got rid of most of the fenix lights, i have 2 headlamps.

i might just hold off until i can add the money to something else.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Yeah no reason to spend money on something to don't want... Make you a fronkey bug net for your camper and hang onto your money... If you want a neck knife, the bushcraft forum raves about the Mora brand of knives... I like mine and for $15 its worth it for the knife...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I have the ENO Guardian bug net. I like it especially for how it is priced. However, for just a bit more money, you can find a longer alternative at 1/2 the weight through any of the cottage vendors discussed on this site.

Do you use a structural ridgeline? I'd suggest that if your ridgeline mesures 110 inches or less the ENO Guardian bugnet would work.

Good Luck
    Last edited by OCDave; 01-09-2013 at 13:22.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    the camper is made for a 108 inch rl and I have an adjustable rl that's a little bigger. The eno site says its 9'4" long which is just longer but I didn't know how it works. I was hoping someone has both and knows from using the 2 together.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Yeah no reason to spend money on something to don't want... Make you a fronkey bug net for your camper and hang onto your money... If you want a neck knife, the bushcraft forum raves about the Mora brand of knives... I like mine and for $15 its worth it for the knife...
    I have noseeum netting, thread, and shock cord, but no sewing machine. I also have no skills. I need a neck knife that lays flat. I wear a vest at work and I want to carry it then too. I am not sure if more makes one of the flat ones with the kytex sheath.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I use the ENO Guardian bug net with my BIAS. The hammock sticks out of the bug net about 6" on each end but seems to work fine. i have not had any problems with bugs entering through the end sections. If it bugs you that the hammock sticks out the ends, 2QZQ makes an attachment that covers the end sections to seal them off.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie w/ toggles
    I borrowed my fiance's guardian bug net for my BIAS camper back in september and used it for the weekend. It worked great for me. I have a good bit of sag in my hammock, but like 2ply said, you can still make it work with some of the hammock hanging out.

• + New Posts