Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I'm glad to hear you're liking it. Regarding the end sticking out...why can't you just turn that nut/knob that adjusts for different thread depths on various cameras. Just screw it out a bit and the bolt won't stick out so much. Or am I just missing something?

I'd like to avoid the WB ends because I'd probably lose them eventually. Your nine nights is sounding pretty good to me. BTW...I haven't really looked into it but have you discovered a way to lock out the anti shock? I saw it in the video but I'm not really sure if it applies to all models. I'm not sure I have the confidence to pull it all apart and that may be the ticket.

Miguel
    No,,with your new poles, you don't need to use the WB Hiking pole tips, but I wanted to as they are smooth on the ends in using them with my cuben tarps. And I really think even tho they fit the carbon tipped ends, that end will wear down and make the hiking pole tips maybe a little wishy washy but they work perfect and fit perfect as you can see below in the pics. And yes, if you drop the hiking pole tips, you can very easily loose them as they are loose, however on the screw end of the hiking pole, they do screw on very nicely there. I am still screwing around with the antilock on these poles, I have one locked, but the other is semi locking however, before yu pointed out in a previous post, that you can lock them, I don't have any problems using them even if they don't lock as they are so stiff on the anti shock system and it doesn't effect anything such as laying and moving around in the hammock and maybe them collapsing and falling out. Your body weight will definitely prevent that. Other than that they do work perfect. Pull the hiking poles apart,,its no problem at all to do so, if you over tighten the shock system it won't go together, just loosen it enough on the locking yellow piece, and fit together till you get it just right. Its no problem to pull them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    Acer pictures of bar use please. Also ow do the pole tips work. I get that one goes into the point of the pole but the opposite end? How does it attach to a pole. Is it pole specific?
    It is loose on the end of the carbon tip, the carbon tip of the hiking pole just fits inside Brandon's hiking pole tip as its hollowed out and fits these tips perfectly with little space left in the hollowed out space of the tip. When you go to take down your hiking poles off the hammock, my suggestion is to take this tip off first in your hand, then remove the pole, and same for the other end. If you pull the hiking pole out without doing this, the tip will fall on the ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts