NX-250 0 Degree Quilt... UGQ, Incubator or other?

Hi All,

The title summed it up. I need a 0 degree down underquilt for 4 season hammock camping in Wisconsin. My research on Underquilt's has led me to believe that the Hammock Gear Incubator or the UGQ Zeppeling might be two of the most reputable 0 degree Down Underquilt providers out there... now I just need to find out from ya'll what fits better on the NX-250. The price for each is comparable, the suspensions are slightly different, but what works better with the Clark and it's spreader bar? If there is another provider or suggestion that might work as well I'd be happy to take a suggestion. This will be used for backpacking as well as canoe camping, so I need it to pack small (which is why I prefer down).

I am guessing that either will work fine, but I wanted to ask the question in case there was a preference either way from ya'll that have more time with these than I do.

JGON

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quilts are not complicated. Find the features you want, whether they be shaping, minimum weight, color, pricing, or down characteristics. I would trust my comfort as much to other makers you have not mentioned.

Chances are you will adjust the suspension or even change it out to suit. No big deal, no big expense, and maybe some fun. Yes, you will need to route the suspension past the out-rigger hoop-holders. I use a version of the triangle suspension from LeighLo's director of R&D, Hangnout.

Be aware that full UQs in the 0F weight weigh enough that many here find some mid-length suspension helpful to keep the bath-tub from buckling in the middle. As you may not be using a structural ridge line with an NX-250, that mid-length support might be accomplished with a pair of snaps, hooks or buttons sewn to the strong zipper tape of the NX instead of a line some clip to each side of the UQ and over the mentioned ridge-line.

Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Vertex by Clark
    Insulation
    DOWN & lots of it
    Suspension
    arrowhead's setup
    Images
    There is a set of loops on the hammock body at the shoulder line and calf area that are used for ground stakes for those unfortunate night where trees don't live. I made some toggles from a Bic pen body and 1/8th shock cord and sewn them to the edges of my under quilt so I have perfect placement every time without fail. I still have total adjustable ends for ventilation with cord locks on 1/8 shock cord and the UC still connects to the suspension in the standard way. On my very heavy duty synthetic UC I have small Velcro tabs attached in the middle edge of the quilt to attach to the hammock body pocket Velcro. It works great, so easy, so warm!
    Whether trail or paddle don't you know
    My hammock is the way to go
    There peace and solitude I find
    To ease all troubles from my mind
    Both body and soul revel in delight
    As day surrenders to inky night

• + New Posts