Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    HammockGear 40*UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I originally bought an ENO, but when i decided to get serious I jumped straight to a clark, i have NEVER regretted that decision, its really up to you, but I love mine.

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    Just to throw a wrinkle into things....

DD hammocks also makes a hammock/bivy , found here -> http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd-travel-hammock
    Looks like $95 USD shipped. That is just the hammock, no tarp. No overcover but for the price.....

I used the non-bivy version (DD Frontline)on the ground while attending highland games where there were no trees available. All I did was use a heavy gauge plastic underneath as a ground sheet and it worked quite well.
    Hangin' High and Dry

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Z-Liners
    Suspension
    Whoppie Sling
    Good Morning All,
    Thanks for all of the input on this topic. I want to let you know that “I Have Made The Jump” and have landed in a NX-250, previously owned by pataneap….. It arrived on Friday afternoon and was hung in the basement within a matter of minutes. HOLY SMOKES, what a nice setup. This hammock and tarp was taken very good care of and I couldn’t be happier with it. The plan was to spend a night or two in it this weekend, but plans changed and I wasn’t able to YET.

Thanks again to this forum and it’s members for the information provided.

HAPPY HANGING and if you are from WI, try and stay warm, I believe winter has just shown up.

Jim

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Z-Liners
    Suspension
    Whoppie Sling
    I have now been able to spend three (3) nights in the NX-250 Clark that I purchased. This weekend I put it up in the basement have slept like a baby. I have only spent time in a ENO DN and don't get me worng, it has served me very well. BUT, now that I have spent a couple of nights in the NX-250, I know for a FACT, the money spent is WELL WORTH IT!!!!!
    The only down side to this is, my wife keeps asking when I am going to sleep upstairs in our bed.
    Come on Spring, I am ready to take it to the woods to give it a full testing. So far, I love the addtion to my Kayak/Camping gear.

Jim

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmason View Post
    Thanks for the input by all. I have a little more time until ICE out and hope to have the decision made by March....,

Thanks again
    I'll add this. I'm a fellow paddler, all my stuff is canoe or kayak. Well, 90%. I found out about Clark Jungle Hammocks from Water Tribe. If you're familiar with them and want bomb proof gear, that's really all you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by jpmason View Post
    I have now been able to spend three (3) nights in the NX-250 Clark that I purchased. This weekend I put it up in the basement have slept like a baby. I have only spent time in a ENO DN and don't get me worng, it has served me very well. BUT, now that I have spent a couple of nights in the NX-250, I know for a FACT, the money spent is WELL WORTH IT!!!!!
    The only down side to this is, my wife keeps asking when I am going to sleep upstairs in our bed.
    Come on Spring, I am ready to take it to the woods to give it a full testing. So far, I love the addtion to my Kayak/Camping gear.

Jim
    Hey JPMason,

Get yourself a good underquilt and your Clark will truly be a 4-season beast, from a fellow Wisconsinite.

I've had mine for a few years and since the last two holiday seasons have been quite mild, I've slept outside on Thanksgiving and Christmas in NE Wisconsin on my mother's property when I go home for the Holidays, since her house is generally tight on space. During those trips, I only had a sleeping pad and I was comfortable. I'm soon going to invest in a 0 degree underquilt and then my cold weather Clark adventures will be toasty toasty! Have you seen the Trip planning forum for the Midwest? A couple other Wisconsin members are trying to get a trip planned for the spring.

JGON

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Z-Liners
    Suspension
    Whoppie Sling
    JGON,
    I was just looking at the post today at lunch time.

The setup I purchase came with Z-Liners. On my original ENO, I had a DIY UQ, but now with the Z-Liners I hope I won't need it. I haven't spent a night outside in it yet, but I have logged a LOT of nights with it up in my basement. Been having back and neck issue when spending a night in my bed, but after a night in the Hammock, I get up feeling GREAT and well rested. I have only one issue with the CLark NX-250, that is my Bride isn't liking it when I spend some much time in it

I have fallen in love with this hammock and look forward to open water to get this out on the mississippi river for some over night paddles. This late spring has me about nuts... I love Kayaking on the river and spending as much time as I can sleeping on islands...

JP

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123