Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Not to gloat, as I'm sure hammock karma will surely prove me wrong, but I haven't had an issue.

I always double check what I'm grabbing when climbing in and use factory made suspension (python straps directly to carabiner). I know "factory made" seems like a bad word around here, but I trust Kammok's ability to sew more than my own ability to tie knots and it leaves little room for error.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I've only hit the ground once, when I tried tying one end of my hammock to the roof racks of my car. Popped the rack right off! Rude awakening, let me tell you!
    Another time, when I still had my bottom entry Hennessy, my boyfriend and I were out camping, he had a brand new side entry Hennessy. We go to bed, all is good until I woke up in the morning and I had somehow managed to flip the hammock over and I was laying on the bug net. I couldn't get out no matter how I tried. He woke up to me laughing myself silly trying to get out. He had to get up and flip me over. I now have the side zip Hennessy
    Debi

Let me just say this. Make sure you check what you're haging from is structurely sound.

I got really lucky here that the whole awning didn't come down on me. My ham radio antenna mast offered some additional support which I think helped
    I had several successful hangs there but moved the straps down a little too close to a weak point. I knew it was there but thought it was ok.
    Luckily I was close to the ground and bounced.

I've now moved further out into the yard with my altered swing set frame

Hammock
    DIY Nest
    Insulation
    Old Bag
    Suspension
    Huggahs
    Whoa, thats nuts! I have definitely hit the ground a few times. Its no surprise considering my weight, luckily I am flexible and very active so I've never gotten hurt.

I will say however that I bought a Hennessy hammock as a test about 6-7 years ago and after flipping and falling right through the bug net, I didn't get back in a hammock for 5 years.

I had a few too many adult beverages and went to sit down in my hammock and missed..
    I flipped over the hammock and hit a beam that is right behind the hammock.
    I have done that a few times...

Hammock
    TW Camo Hornet Super XL
    Tarp
    "DIY" Frankentarp
    Insulation
    Exped DM 7 LW
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Yup, been down a couple times too. Always my fault though, one time for example I tried the "One tree setup" with my hammockchair, took a branch and tied the hammy's one end to it and guylines from the branch to the ground.

Only thing was, I didn't put the stakes properly into the ground, and as soon as I sat down the branch came tipping over towards me and punched me right in the nose.. It hurt. Alot. Wont be doing that stupid mistake again
    People on this forum are absolutely incredible. I wish we could discover new land and inhabit it all together. :-) - Deadphans

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345