WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Weight of my modifed BMBH UL.---This is with the Professor Hammock modifications of suspension in amsteel with all the metal cut off hammock, and bug net removed including zipper.
    Weight of hammock body w/amsteel/whoopies, beiners, and hiking pole tip coverings/washers, etc....................19.0 oz
    Half removable/clip-on bug net when needed 4.2 oz.

WBRR with modified suspension, whoopies/beiners. Single layer with bug net and no other modifications as hammock is too perfect for me to modify.......
    22.2oz.
    Hiking pole tip adapters of WB 1.3 oz.

Because I use cuben tarps, I will carry, no matter what the spreader bar types I carry, pack my spreader bar end protectors made of ethafoam that weight apprx, ............1 oz. (to protect my cuben tarps from abrasion of the spreader bar ends scraping it)

This is total weight with using hiking poles for spreader bars. Options on lightening weight,,on the Jacks,,not carrying bug net...on the WBRR,,not carrying the hiking pole tip adapters.

Both are very packable for me as well as comfortable with the RR being the winnner in that catagorie as wider and material its made of is more comfortable (1.1 ripstop). With hiking poles on the WBRR the benefits are, on the head end of the hammock..I can adjust my head spreader bar, from 31 inches (JRB Spreader bar width) all the way out to 39.5 for the versatitily of hanging and comfort level.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Do bridge hammocks really allow you to lay flat? I'm looking at the videos and am not really sure what keeps them flat. They look like they would be "flatter" than a gathered end, but that doesn't mean that they are "flat enough". My wife is a side and belly sleeper, so I'm trying to get her to try one.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martincline View Post
    Do bridge hammocks really allow you to lay flat? I'm looking at the videos and am not really sure what keeps them flat. They look like they would be "flatter" than a gathered end, but that doesn't mean that they are "flat enough". My wife is a side and belly sleeper, so I'm trying to get her to try one.
    I have the Warbonnet Ridgerunner and while it's not perfectly flat it's close. I'm not sure I could sleep on my stomach (back surgery years ago prevents me from doing this) in mine but I certainly sleep on my side as I'm a side sleeper.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hmmm. Okay, thanks. I suppose if she really wanted to she could always lay on some extra padding. That should help negate the sag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martincline View Post
    It lays fairly flat but allows it to bend the most in the middle. If you try side sleeping on it (as is) your back will be curved. But I think a lot depends on your body style. I'm kind of straight. A wider midsection may be different. If you go with a inflatable pad with baffles running the long way it will lay so flat you'll feel like your sleeping on a board. If you air it up tightly. I like a flat lay...but I have to keep my air pad inflated from about 50 to 60% or else I get to uncomfortable.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    It lays fairly flat but allows it to bend the most in the middle. If you try side sleeping on it (as is) your back will be curved. But I think a lot depends on your body style. I'm kind of straight. A wider midsection may be different. If you go with a inflatable pad with baffles running the long way it will lay so flat you'll feel like your sleeping on a board. If you air it up tightly. I like a flat lay...but I have to keep my air pad inflated from about 50 to 60% or else I get to uncomfortable.
    I didn't think of an air pad - I use closed foam. That should work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123