Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    There was a time when USPS delivered as promised, but never made it to my hands. That is until I saw the neighbor kid running my 400.00 Traxxas T-Maxx gas powered truck down the street. He saw the package on my doorstep and the senders were nice enough to advertise what it was I bought right on the outside of the box. Oh well, all worked out in the end.

Hope you get what you were expecting.

Man I had the same thing happy twice in the last 3 mo.
    I was tracking my packages and they stoped tracking. They where both priorty and I finally got both packages. One took over a week and one took 6 days to arrive. The USPS use to be very reliable and fast for priority shipping but lately priority really does not mean faster or reliable...

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie
    BIAS and I have a terrible time with both FedEx and usps. FedEx just returned my hammock to BIAS and usps took almost a month to deliver it.
    Carpe noctem!!

Just to reassure you guys over the pond, but we have the same problems here in the UK, but with different couriers, so far DHL and City Link.
    I have something in transit at the moment where the depot put the wrong labels on a box so it ended up at the wrong place, it's been re-sent but still hasn't got here.
    I have watched courier vans turn up and the driver get out of the cab with the card in his hand to say we were out.
    I too also get them leaving stuff on our doorstep or with complete strangers, they then claim to have fulfilled their contract despite their proof showing it hasn't been delivered to me.
    Our Post Office isn't brilliant but they are local if I need to collect something.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I've sent a good bit of post from here across the pond to the East Riding of Yorkshire, and in ten years, I've not had anything lost going in either direction (from the family to me, or vice-versa). I could complain all day about the USPS, but the Royal Mail has never given me reason to gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie Bravo View Post
    Just to reassure you guys over the pond, but we have the same problems here in the UK, but with different couriers, so far DHL and City Link.
    I have something in transit at the moment where the depot put the wrong labels on a box so it ended up at the wrong place, it's been re-sent but still hasn't got here.
    I have watched courier vans turn up and the driver get out of the cab with the card in his hand to say we were out.
    I too also get them leaving stuff on our doorstep or with complete strangers, they then claim to have fulfilled their contract despite their proof showing it hasn't been delivered to me.
    Our Post Office isn't brilliant but they are local if I need to collect something.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    I have to say, royal mail is usually quite good with delivery times, I have had the occasional problem with other companies but our (royal mail) postman is a nightmare, I have had deliveries sent to the wrong street a few times (luckily I know the person who lives there and she texts me to let me know) and other times I have picked up a leaflet saying I wasn't in when I thought a letter was being put through the box... the postman never knocked the door, when I caught him he looked really annoyed, he never even had the parcel out the of the van. I told him if it happened again I would complain and I haven't had a problem since. Imho and experience, it is most likely human error/laziness and not the system itself that messes everything up.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    ...ZQ here...I wasn't offended...no worries!
    FTR... I was not offended... no issue here either...

Just adding a larger perspective... sometimes lot of individuasls personal perspective gets overblown on this forum and new members get distorted pictures/perspective presented as "prevailing fact".

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Hammockgear Addict
    The world will never be perfect so long as it is made of people. They're just not consistently reliable.

Just take a good look at the guy in my avatar. You think I'd take him anywhere if I didn't have to?! I'm stuck 24/7 with him. It helps sometimes to remember that the essence of forgiveness is to excuse others mistakes as fully as we excuse our own.

I hope the original poster's package gets sorted out quickly. These things do happen occasionally.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Indeed, I am certainly working on tracking it down. It's frustrating for our end, too. It is exceedingly rare to lose a package, but that will not make Breyman feel any better. I'll have an answer by this afternoon. Thanks for bearing with us!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    Indeed, I am certainly working on tracking it down. It's frustrating for our end, too. It is exceedingly rare to lose a package, but that will not make Breyman feel any better. I'll have an answer by this afternoon. Thanks for bearing with us!
    No worries - definitely not blaming you. Just felt a bit frustrated with USPS and wanted to share that with the group. Thanks for your help!
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast