DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    This sure gives me some encouragement. My three nights this weekend will be 29°F, then 19°, then 9°. That will be a great Incubator test all in one trip! The 9° is a bit concerning, so the pad will come along, condensation or not.

Thanks for the thermometer tip. I bought a similar one at Home Depot years ago and it doesn't even work in my freezer - just gives an error. I'll try this one out.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG:Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Man, your buddy should get some sort of award for first time hammock at -22* I doubt that I would be able to sleep at that temp with what you had. You guys are tough...Hat's off to you!

S
    My wife thinks I should get the bad friend award for taking him!!! Hahaha. He is a veteran camper so he had the right gear. He said sleeping in the hammock was a HUGE plus. Not an achy and sore body in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    This sure gives me some encouragement. My three nights this weekend will be 29°F, then 19°, then 9°. That will be a great Incubator test all in one trip! The 9° is a bit concerning, so the pad will come along, condensation or not.

Thanks for the thermometer tip. I bought a similar one at Home Depot years ago and it doesn't even work in my freezer - just gives an error. I'll try this one out.
    Oh man...leave the pad home!!! 9* is well inside the capacity of the incubator. Make sure you give it a gooooood go before your throw the pad in. I think you will be very surprised at the potential that UQ has. What are you using for your TQ?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaktee View Post
    My wife thinks I should get the bad friend award for taking him!!! Hahaha. He is a veteran camper so he had the right gear. He said sleeping in the hammock was a HUGE plus. Not an achy and sore body in the morning

Oh man...leave the pad home!!! 9* is well inside the capacity of the incubator. Make sure you give it a gooooood go before your throw the pad in. I think you will be very surprised at the potential that UQ has. What are you using for your TQ?
    Well I should mention it's a 20° Incubator so I'll be pushing it. I've had it down to about 24° with no problems. Had my 40° down to 31° so I'm confident with the HG ratings being conservative.

I usually take a pad (cut up mylar windshield shade) anyway for standing on while changing, stove windscreen, and for sitting. As for sleeping, I never start with the pad inside. I just keep it under my hammock and throw it in if I wake up cold in the middle of the night.

Worst case scenario I get cold that last night and start up a huge fire. Not a complete loss since I'm a total pyro Sorry for the bit of hijacking.

Edit: Forgot to answer - I use a Marmot Pinnacle (15°) at temps this low. One of my favorite pieces of gear!
    Last edited by OneClick; 01-16-2013 at 12:12.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123