This idea was mentioned in another thread in the donating members section so I decided to give it a shot. These jackets are 650 down filled and were on clearance for $14 each. The size I picked up for this project was 3xlt. I removed the sleeves and sewed up the arms from the inside. Then sewed the bottom of the 2 jackets together. I still have to ad my suspension but work is calling so I'll have to do that and post finished and hanging pics later. I also have 2 nice and light weight sets of sleeves to start another project with. I've posted a pic of the quilt in the stuff sack that came with the jacket next to a bottle. It will still compress down to about half this size so if I can get my suspension right I will have a quilt that will take up half the room of my synthetic. This is my first attempt at diy sewing to- more pics to come. If anyone has good ideas on hanging it please feel free to post. I need all the help I can get.