Quote Originally Posted by 2Tall View Post
Thanks! Its not the best up close. Afew rookie mistakes but Its mine and iy works. hahah

I used back and front panels like the others did. the front panels from one jacket went on.the left and the others on.the right of the back panels. This made the pockets so that the wpuld be oriented and in about arms reach if I was to need them. I then took the zippers,backer and pocket off the one side amd just sewed the holes remaing together. I the had planned on having two pockets on my right side but wasnt happy with the weight so I decided to taper the quilt. And with that lost another one. They panels look off set to keep the width to the one side for the pockets. I mocked the measurements of one I have and liked and used a white fabric pencil and a big rule/straight edge to make my lines. I then sewed two rows about and 1/8" apart and cut between them. Do the cutting out side :-) . It is a little messy but not catastrophic. Use some packing tape or masking tape on the edges after you cut them. this will keep down any floaties and such that may be from the cutting. do a clen job and it will look just like a grosgrain egde.you can just sewn your grosgrain over it too if youd like. Then its a matter of shockord and your preference of suspension.

My current step is I cut a head hole in the middle and sewn union tape to make a closeable hole. I placed more union tape in a few choice places and now have a pretty sweet wrap around poncho/vest. Thats uses the shockord to cinch at bottom. Its just for the spring/summer cool mornings or nights if need be. Very minimal weight added. you could add or bring some sleeves too. The ones included dont work so well for me. Theyll be a later projectn I have a
some from Lukes UL I like better.
Did you separate all sides and backs? Or basically rip the sleeves, zippers and shoulders and join the two jackets at their bottoms and leave the flank stitch that holds the sides to the back piece intact? Then cut to shape?