Tarp
    Cuben Cuben Cuben
    Insulation
    FEATHERS N STUFF
    Suspension
    DiY Mule LarksHead
    Images

What a nightmare!

Had my usual work alarm for 7:30 set, but was especially tired because I was reading till 2:00 am last night.

I spent the next several moments locating and slamming my hand to the big red SNOOZE button. Fell back asleep for no more than 10 minutes. During this 10 minutes I had a horrible nightmare about hammocking.

Regardless of how unrealistic this may sound my subconscious has me worried. Last time I packed my HH scout into its snakeskins I also rolled it up with its tarp and fit that into the snakeskins that the scout came with. In my dream I was setting up my hammock to find rips in my tarp and bottom of my hammock due to too much stress of me cramming them both into the same skin.

Is this possible? I mean I did have to fight somewhat hard with it to get them in there but figured since they were both tiny that it would be fine. Not to mention how well-made the HH products are. Has anyone else continuously done this? Will it take the stress or was I subconsciously avoiding disaster?
    Translate Earth
    Create moments to let Earth teach
    Earth Avatar in training

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by brown4914 View Post
    Had my usual work alarm for 7:30 set, but was especially tired because I was reading till 2:00 am last night.

I spent the next several moments locating and slamming my hand to the big red SNOOZE button. Fell back asleep for no more than 10 minutes. During this 10 minutes I had a horrible nightmare about hammocking.

Regardless of how unrealistic this may sound my subconscious has me worried. Last time I packed my HH scout into its snakeskins I also rolled it up with its tarp and fit that into the snakeskins that the scout came with. In my dream I was setting up my hammock to find rips in my tarp and bottom of my hammock due to too much stress of me cramming them both into the same skin.

Is this possible? I mean I did have to fight somewhat hard with it to get them in there but figured since they were both tiny that it would be fine. Not to mention how well-made the HH products are. Has anyone else continuously done this? Will it take the stress or was I subconsciously avoiding disaster?
    I don't see how that would be any different from stuffing them into a stuff sack... Compression doesn't tear fabric, in fact the opposite is true; stretching fabric tears it. Sleep easy, my friend.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    You may be using hammocks as a symbol in your dream. It is something you like to do and your are being forced to cram it all into a tiny space only to discover that there are nasty consequences for treating it that way. Or it may be your subconscious is trying to trick you into unpacking and setting up the hammock and tarp for an impromptu relax session.

Our brains are funny, mischievous things.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeKayt View Post
    Or it may be your subconscious is trying to trick you into unpacking and setting up the hammock and tarp for an impromptu relax session.

Our brains are funny, mischievous things.
    Listen to your brain!
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    If my beginning psychology class in junior college 20 years ago taught me anything it is this: you probably have some sort of issue with your mother. Is it possible that your mother was a hammock?

All kidding aside, unless you crammed the the tarp stakes in with your tarp, you accidentally packed your knife in there, or you keep your shards-of-broken-glass collection with your tarp and hammock, both tarp and hammock should be fine. If the stress hurts anything, it'll be the skins that get punished.
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I've always put tarp and hammock into the same skin with no issues. I've changed that on one hammock that has the undercover on it. Now that tarp is separate.
    I should also mention that the last time I packed away one of the hammocks, I forgot to remove a flashlight from the little ridgeline pouch. It still fit in the snakeskins. I was wondering why it seemed stiffer than usual though.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I don't think it would cause any damage to either tarp or hammock. Consider packing them separately. Doing so will keep you hammock dry if your tarp is wet.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Is it possible that your mother was a hammock?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    All kidding aside, unless you crammed the the tarp stakes in with your tarp, you accidentally packed your knife in there, or you keep your shards-of-broken-glass collection with your tarp and hammock, both tarp and hammock should be fine. If the stress hurts anything, it'll be the skins that get punished.
    +1. The only time I've ever had a rip or even a small abrasion on hammock gear was due to it coming in contact with something else (a small hole in a stuff sack from a stake, bottom of a hammock on an underlying rock, etc.).

You should be good to go.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    I never had a problem with that it worked great. I got away from it ,and started two seperate skins, one for the tarp, one for the hammock. When its raining hard i can set up the tarp first,keeping the hammock dry while hanging it. I really miss the all in one way that henessy uses to hang the asym tarp though.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    I dreamt the wife packed and left me the other day, when I woke and turned over there she was still.

Nightmare

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast