Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieCash View Post
    Tarps with integrated adjustable bugnets
    Electrified tarps that double as bug zappers.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I'm getting old, so I'm hoping for attachment points for things like IV bags and heart monitors.
    Thought that's what the ridgeline was for. It wouldn't be much different than hanging stuff on the cot in the ambulance and much more comfortable.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest/CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I bought a couple of Hennessys a few months ago. I've had the opportunity to camp out twice, once with the kids who bagged the hammock and bounced me into the dodgy pop-up kids effort. So my idea comes from having slept one (very warm and comfortable) night in an Explorer Zip.
    I was kinda inspired by "Vango Airbeam Technology", but essentially I thought it would be possible to integrate sleeves into the lip of a gathered hammock and line them with a resilient airtight tube and valve. When inflated, using a simple hand bulb like you might find inflating the lumbar support on an office chair, the rigid pressurised members would be able to replace the hammock tie outs by spreading the hammock into the correct configuration.

I'm sure I could have explained that more clearly.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblomov View Post
    I bought a couple of Hennessys a few months ago. I've had the opportunity to camp out twice, once with the kids who bagged the hammock and bounced me into the dodgy pop-up kids effort. So my idea comes from having slept one (very warm and comfortable) night in an Explorer Zip.
    I was kinda inspired by "Vango Airbeam Technology", but essentially I thought it would be possible to integrate sleeves into the lip of a gathered hammock and line them with a resilient airtight tube and valve. When inflated, using a simple hand bulb like you might find inflating the lumbar support on an office chair, the rigid pressurised members would be able to replace the hammock tie outs by spreading the hammock into the correct configuration.

I'm sure I could have explained that more clearly.
    Interesting!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    these are more wishes than expectations...

It will just be boringly commonplace to have a hammock and use one at home. All new homes will have hammock attachment points in most rooms, just like in some old houses in Central and South America.

For camping, the suspension will be one magical piece that is narrow and then widens into a tree-strap-like band (no separate straps) and then handily connects back to itself anywhere ( like a nacrabiner )

I was thinking about Warbonnet's "pillow" in the ridgerunner (basically a differently-tensioned portion of the hammock body) so in the future most hammocks will include similar "smart fabric" zones to relieve calf pressure and prevent hyperextension. or incorporate inflatable chambers for this purpose (inspired by Oblomov's post above)

All tarps will be made of nano machines , so you set up the tarp as all no-see-um mesh and when it starts to rain the tarp changes itself to become solid and waterproof...

I can dream, can't I?

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Solar power heated hammock.

A light, solar panel like this,
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...clid=CPCcnMK-8

hooked up to a small battery for later in the night use. Then a low voltage current runs through small wires through the UQ, like the wires running through the back windows of cars and SUVs (defroster), or in the seats of some vehicles. It wouldn't have to run all night, just for a few in the wee hours of the morning when CBS creeps in.

The person who invents and perfected this would be rolling in the dough.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL/HenExpDlx/BMBH/Nano7
    Tarp
    MambaJ/OMW
    Insulation
    WinterNest/Leigh20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Auto inflating and auto suspending hammock and tarp combo...

Didn't say it was going to be easy....

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Insulation
    Self-inflating pad
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsguy View Post
    Solar power heated hammock.

A light, solar panel like this,
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...clid=CPCcnMK-8

hooked up to a small battery for later in the night use. Then a low voltage current runs through small wires through the UQ, like the wires running through the back windows of cars and SUVs (defroster), or in the seats of some vehicles. It wouldn't have to run all night, just for a few in the wee hours of the morning when CBS creeps in.

The person who invents and perfected this would be rolling in the dough.
    There was someone on this forum trying to do something similar. Maybe someone else can find the link.

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    i only can see two things,

1.price of 'light' materials coming down, but probably not in my lifetime....

2. scientific advancement of insulation like areogels that weigh no more then down but insulate as well. The last batch nasa states could insulate the ISS in space. now if they could only mass produce the stuff......
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    My biggest worry about the future of hammocking is running out of things to hang from on the trails I hike when everybody and his brother start using hammocks. It's getting crowded out there and the only solution I can see is for someone to develop some sort of super light weight hammock stand. Maybe some lightweight hiking sticks which can be used as a makeshift stand when suitable trees, etc. can't be found?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast