Hammock
    11'x72" 1.6 HyperD XL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    APEX TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies

what tarps are working for the ridgerunner?

I was curious what everybody is using as their ridgerunner tarp. Since I am already splurging on weight with the ridgerunner, I am leery to add in another pound by using the cloudburst.

Has anybody had success using a standard HG or Zpacks cuben hex tarp without doors? How about the big mambajamba?

Thanks.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I use a Superfly with mine. The doors don't close all the way, but can be positioned to block some wind.

A HammockGear 4-door tarp is on my list for this year. When I get it, I'll ask for a custom mod to have the pullouts spaced at the same distance as the RR poles.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    I use a Superfly with mine. The doors don't close all the way, but can be positioned to block some wind.

A HammockGear 4-door tarp is on my list for this year. When I get it, I'll ask for a custom mod to have the pullouts spaced at the same distance as the RR poles.
    I have asked some cottage manufacturers about getting some tarps modded to have the pullouts line up with the spreader bars. They told me this greatly affects the geometry with getting doors to close and keeping a tight pitch.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post
    ...They told me this greatly affects the geometry with getting doors to close and keeping a tight pitch.
    I don't think the "door" issue would really matter. The suspension triangles on the RR are long enough that doors don't work well to start with.

As to effecting a tight pitch...not so sure there's a problem there either???

The cuben tarp makers need develop there own patterns for the WBRR. I suspect the first one on board is going to make a few sales quickly.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I had Adam at HG modify my 12' cuben with doors that he made me add panel pulls at 80" apart for my BMBH UL and hung it with it and had no problems what so ever with a cuben tarp pulled tight or using my arrow mod spreader poles on top to spread it. It didn't affect the hang what so ever, and have used it also on the RR since getting it. So it works great with cuben as you can pull cuben tight and it stays tight.

I need to also add,,,I changed out my amsteel suspension from what Brandon had it to 37.5 inches on both ends giving me a RL of 12' 2" long so everything except the dutch biners fit under my 12' cuben tarp and the RR is still stable. But,,I also took the 4" spreader extension out of the head spreader bar, and now also using hiking poles instead of the WB spreader bars. I sleep in this setup every nite in the house or outside when the weather is stable alittle.
    Last edited by Acer; 01-17-2013 at 18:13.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I put my OES Micro over one of our Ridgerunners the other day, just for fun.
    They DO NOT work.
    Trust nobody!

The superfly and bmj works great with the rr.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I don't think the "door" issue would really matter. The suspension triangles on the RR are long enough that doors don't work well to start with.

As to effecting a tight pitch...not so sure there's a problem there either???

The cuben tarp makers need develop there own patterns for the WBRR. I suspect the first one on board is going to make a few sales quickly.
    I don't make tarps but the guys over at AE do and that's what I was told. I'll trust his expertise in the matter.

I would like to see a tarp designed especially for the RR that accommodated doors- preferably made of cuban fiber to reduce some of the weight. I'm assuming the cloud burst ends don't really close up?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB
    I use my superfly. No problems at all.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I put my OES Micro over one of our Ridgerunners the other day, just for fun.
    They DO NOT work.
    I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast