Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Senior Member stevebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Moreland Georgia
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks for all the great advice! Unfortunately, my wife has informed me that the beautiful new ridgerunner hammock she bought me, is not to be modified in any shape or form (I have a long history of taking apart perfectly good camping items and modifying them to suit my needs!) So, for now, I'll leave it stock------but keep the ideas coming! (on the bright side, she never reads this forum, and probably wouldnt notice if i modified it..................................... )
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )


    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

  2. #12
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Posts
    3,940
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Thanks for all the great advice! Unfortunately, my wife has informed me that the beautiful new ridgerunner hammock she bought me, is not to be modified in any shape or form (I have a long history of taking apart perfectly good camping items and modifying them to suit my needs!) So, for now, I'll leave it stock------but keep the ideas coming! (on the bright side, she never reads this forum, and probably wouldnt notice if i modified it..................................... )
    Wait till she goes grocery shopping and do your thingy!!!!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

  3. #13
    Senior Member hairbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    n e missouri
    Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Posts
    954
    Ive done the leki pole spreader bar thing. Ive taken the spreader bars out completly on the foot end in bad weather. This lets me slide a prusik knot down the triangle to make it go away,resulting in a very warm set up with the ability to close the doors on both ends. I find it more confy still than a gathered end.the storage pouch at the foot end makes a great foot box when laying on your side.

  4. #14
    Senior Member hairbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    n e missouri
    Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Wait till she goes grocery shopping and do your thingy!!!!
    Then when she asks if that is new tell her no its been in my closet for a while, i just never hung in it.

  5. #15
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Posts
    3,940
    Images
    19
    she'll..................just...................... ........never know!!! do some mods when she's gone!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

  6. #16
    designer@quickdata.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Posts
    585
    Not really a "Mod" but options and custom work in the spindrift sock. I ordered it with two zippers because I want be be able to choose which side I want to get out of (the standard sock only allows you to get out on the left side). I also had small D-Ring connections put inside, at the ends of the sock so I could attach the bug net to them. So I can unzip both sides for lots of ventilation in the summer and still have netting if required. Beats undoing the suspension to take the sock off.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    chicago
    Hammock
    warbonetRR, hennessy
    Tarp
    warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator0,pad
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,50ft cord
    Posts
    83
    Images
    2
    20150216_172252.jpg
    I put this picture somewhere else but here it is again and it's probably turned 90 .
    It's a good temporary modification with 2 carabiners for bad whether or short distance between the trees

  8. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    31
    [QUOTE=mad goat;916038]I have not modded it yet, but here is what I am thinking about doing:

    2. figure out a way to make my current hiking poles work as spreader bars or replace my current hiking poles with ones that could do it. (currently use an older set of BD countours. Brandon said that you need to use the straight handles for this, so I will have to get inventive.)


    I've been looking into this mod. Since I have both BD and Leki poles I was checking out Hair Bear's youtube mods. Then I came across the Mountain Smith poles for less than $13 at Sierra Trading post. These are straight and have the camera bolt on the top that accommodates Warbonnet's tip set for hiking poles. The minimum length on the Mountain Smith poles is just under 28" and with the WB tips will be perfect length for the foot pole. I will cut a 1/2" wood dowel and put it up in the upper shaft so that it bottoms out at the 39 1/2" with tips so that the pole will bottom out at the correct length. The dowel will be approximately 12 1/2" with final length dependent on WB's tips arrival.

    I am usually a one pole hiker. So I may just use the pole for the head end. I think these poles (two) will also work well for the Zpack Duplex, SMD Haven, or going to ground with the hammock tarp.

  9. #19
    pgibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,713
    [QUOTE=OlTrailDog;1551987]
    Quote Originally Posted by mad goat View Post
    I have not modded it yet, but here is what I am thinking about doing:

    2. figure out a way to make my current hiking poles work as spreader bars or replace my current hiking poles with ones that could do it. (currently use an older set of BD countours. Brandon said that you need to use the straight handles for this, so I will have to get inventive.)


    I've been looking into this mod. Since I have both BD and Leki poles I was checking out Hair Bear's youtube mods. Then I came across the Mountain Smith poles for less than $13 at Sierra Trading post. These are straight and have the camera bolt on the top that accommodates Warbonnet's tip set for hiking poles. The minimum length on the Mountain Smith poles is just under 28" and with the WB tips will be perfect length for the foot pole. I will cut a 1/2" wood dowel and put it up in the upper shaft so that it bottoms out at the 39 1/2" with tips so that the pole will bottom out at the correct length. The dowel will be approximately 12 1/2" with final length dependent on WB's tips arrival.

    I am usually a one pole hiker. So I may just use the pole for the head end. I think these poles (two) will also work well for the Zpack Duplex, SMD Haven, or going to ground with the hammock tarp.

    You don't need the tip set or to mod the Mountain Smith poles in any way for them to work on the RR. Save the weight and hassle of packing the extras. The twist lock works fine for the MS poles and will hold just fine without the dowel. The Foot end pole is just fine for length when the pole is fully collapsed so again no need for the tip set.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram
    Sign Up for Arrowhead-Equipment Gear News: Click Here

  10. #20
    biggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Posts
    214
    [QUOTE=pgibson;1551992]
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post


    You don't need the tip set or to mod the Mountain Smith poles in any way for them to work on the RR. Save the weight and hassle of packing the extras. The twist lock works fine for the MS poles and will hold just fine without the dowel. The Foot end pole is just fine for length when the pole is fully collapsed so again no need for the tip set.
    These poles work great and hold my 225 lbs. Very reasonably priced as well

Similar Threads

  1. Ridge runner pad
    By Tripod in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 02:15
  2. Ridge Runner XL ???
    By SemperFiGuy in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 16:18
  3. Ridge Runner Ridge Creek Under Quilt
    By Evitcho in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 22:25
  4. Ridge Runner mods?
    By pgibson in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 10:36
  5. My new Ridge runner
    By Mr.Tattoo in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 22:27

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •