Normally for all my testing, I have been anchoring at 19' 3" inside and sleeping in my RR. At this distance, the lay is super nice and flat. Today, I went outside, using my whoopies and Nano 23 Beiner to attach to 3' tree slings, the shortest distance I could possibly anchor from is 15'. I also found out that because of the short distance of anchoring the hammock, the lay wasn't as flat. Also, because I have my hiking poles set without the 4 inch extension measurements (hiking poles set at 35.5 long) extending them to 37.5 increased a much better lay. I am thinking of switching my suspension back to SRS with Ring as that would enable me to hang from even closer "trees" than 15', maybe even at 13.5 ft. Now remember,,,my suspension triangles have been shortened from 42.5 to 37.5 and RL measured without me in hammock is 12' 2" long. With me in the hammock the RL measured 11' 7.5". Perfect for total coverage under my 12' long cuben tarps of HG.

What is the shortest distance any of ya's have hung your RR from? Just curious if anybody has been measuring how close their trees (or anchor points) have been for their hang and enjoyment of the RR.