Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Suspension
    SlackStraps
    Images

Talking Back in the swing of things :)

Hello everyone, Oh how I have missed it here!

Since I last logged on and posted I have moved from the wonderful city of Chicago back to the beaches of Florida. I spent all of Bonnaroo Music Festival in my hammock back in June and haven't gone out in it again! Becoming consumed with my passions of music as a drummer/guitarist and vocalist merged with the acquisition of a professional quality camera, I have become a creative junkie, leaving little room for swinging from the trees. I have decided that this is unnacceptable and must end now!! I will be heading to Fort Desoto park today in search of some beautiful hang spots and will be posting pictures when I get back this afternoon/evening. Good to see the usual suspects still around here and I am very glad to be back

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Suspension
    SlackStraps
    Images
    First off, big thanks to angrysparrow for moving this thread to its appropriate forum!

For those who don't know, Fort Desoto is located near St. Pete Beach, FL. It has been rated america's best beach a few times over the years and is only about a 30min drive from me. It is rarely crowded and has plenty to explore, a true day trip paradise. Here is a shot of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, also a record holder, from the park.

I pulled into the park around 10am and promptly parked, pulled out my camera and walked to the beach. It felt like a late spring day here on January 8th

I drove down to a picnic area on the water and began my search for the right set of trees with the best view.

Found it

This area was fairly exposed and the hammock tends to draw attention, making taking a much needed nap a little difficult so I packed up and headed off into a trail to find a quieter place to rest my eyes for a bit.
    After a short walk through the trees I came upon a nice small clearing with its own little beach and whadya know, two perfect trees!

Gotta Bring the BreedLove!

Now I had planned on setting up in a few more locations throughout the park but it seems once my head hit the hammock I was done for!

I threw a water bottle in the eno pocket and slung it over me so I was in "cocoon" mode and let the sound of the gentle waves and slight sway take me away. I woke up at 4pm, completely reminded why I love doing this Hope you enjoyed the pictures and if anyone wants to hang there sometime, shoot me a message!

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Very nice hang spot. We (me) here in Guam , have only one place I know of that I can hang near the beach, and I am not to sure I can. I haven't really had time for any camping trips since I got stationed here last year.

To alleviate my frustration though, I just sleep in mine in my TD stand inside.

Thanks for the report.

Fish<><
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Looks like an awesome day... Love the shots... Welcome back...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Its such a shame you only have a beach to hang from and not the wonderful sleet and snow we have here!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    eno tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ &amp; ENO TQ
    Suspension
    Straps &amp; Whoopies
    Images
    very awesome! do you use a stand at bonnaroo or did you camp close to the one patch of trees out there? the times that i have worked at bonnaroo i have had to use a tent. due to the medical staff having to sleep in the main medical tent area compound. next time i work it i'm going to make turtledog stand.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Suspension
    SlackStraps
    Images
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Its such a shame you only have a beach to hang from and not the wonderful sleet and snow we have here!
    The beach is one of the main reasons I moved back here, Ill trade sleet and snow for sun and sand every time!

Quote Originally Posted by SQWERL View Post
    very awesome! do you use a stand at bonnaroo or did you camp close to the one patch of trees out there? the times that i have worked at bonnaroo i have had to use a tent. due to the medical staff having to sleep in the main medical tent area compound. next time i work it i'm going to make turtledog stand.
    I used a stand purchased off of amazon, the hammock that came with it was garbage and it was actually a little small to fit the eno naturally so I tied the hammock ends around the ends of the stand to get the tension right. It held up through the festival and has since seen some beach time as well. It made the festival much more bearable physically, as your joints start to really feel it from always sitting on the ground or laying on a pad for almost a week. Still bring a tent though....for my gear

Hammock
    BIAS WW, HH UL backpacker
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    20*UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    IT's kinda weird to say "cool and "bridge" together but, What a cool bridge!!
    Enjoy that pleasant weather down there.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Suspension
    SlackStraps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joizee camper View Post
    IT's kinda weird to say "cool and "bridge" together but, What a cool bridge!!
    Enjoy that pleasant weather down there.
    Thanks, I'm sitting on my porch right now and it feels like summer The 3rd annual Florida hang should be beautiful! Being from Jersey myself I truly appreciate every hour of awesome here

That bridge is quite intimidating when you are driving up 431 feet! On the way down you can take your foot off the gas and coast at 60mph. Good fishing too!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    VERY, VERY NICE!!!!! I'm jealous.
    "No whining in the woods"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast