I have a real problem with the FF3 event - It Just did not last long enough !
With more and more folks arriving each day -There was not time to meet everyone before my Sunday flight home. I wanted this event to last a couple more days so I could spend some time talking with each one.
Cause, you know, every HF person I've ever met is thoughtful; has at least one non-hammocking area of expertise I find fascinating; owns a piece of gear I want to see; and has a fun way of adding something interesting to the fireside chats!
Old4Hats said it best (here)
And, since Old4Hats says this in the donating section I hope he will not mind if i quote a bit of that,
"Just getting away from the normal routine, sharing camping space with other like minded folks, enjoying a nice camp fire, having discussions on topics that you didn't think of, eating a bit differently than usual, and just letting the day pass around you, can be quite theraputic."
OK, I really enjoyed this hang. There is a serenity at Buck Lake that is unique to the locale. Thanks to all the core team who organized this event, Thanks to the volunteers who helped make all run smoothly, thanks to our -best in the world- Vendors for making and donating prizes; and thanks to those who ran workshops - really good stuff there!
- Yup, Old4Hats, you said it better than I could have
I had the pleasure of meeting many new folks for the first time and I also enjoyed time shared with old friends. I can say attending a Hang "out of my normal region" is super! I think I'll try that again soon...
A couple photos from the phonecam:
Dutch Oven Breakfast porn:
Group area Saturday
Sunrise over Buck Lake
Dack, Nero, and Hilary, escorted along the trail by D2
Speaking of D2, what a bright young girl she is; and a great conversationalist; and an accomplished hiker too! D2 and I were guarding the group's "6" during our hike around the lake.
- Special thanks to LDCakes for making Lemonade out of lemons!
- Special thanks to ItsAndy for notifications, communications, and recharger (have you seen those great boats he makes?).
- Special thanks to LilRicky for making the airport extraction run late Thursday night - I was beginning to look around for places to hang at the airport...
- Special thanks to Gary for taking me back to the airport Sunday (and informing me that Grinder completed a 10000 mile trip in his van. I'll be PMing Grinder bout that one after I search the forums for a trip report).
- And special thanks to all the chefs and photographers for making memories we all can share.