Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Had an awesome time on the hang with everyone. Definately had a great time playing with the fire!

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    can't wait to hear about the animal issues. Nice pics
    The animal story is,not too long after going to sleep, I woke up to a coon or similar sized critter coming right toward me. The throw something at it trick worked ,and soon i was dozing off again.The wake up call came again in the form of cramp in the keester mouce.The sound of it crawling through the leaves is kind of normal so i didnt let it bother me much. The sound of it climbing the trees i was hanging on was kind of new to me,but the chewing tearing sound coming from my pack put me into the OH NO HE DIDNT mode.
    I get up to get it taken care of ,trying to get to my pack as fast as i can. You have to picture me getting out of my tarped area that i was experimenting with to see how low i could go to get out of the wind. To add to the frustration im barefoot ,and for the life of me cant find where my glasses fell to.
    Getting out was thing of beauty,tripping on my guy lines,the brand new cuban fiber tarp took a direct hit breaking the ring that holds the ridge line to the loop,bringing the thing down with me. The face plant was so hard that it lead digitizer to ask in the morning,did you hear that tree fall last night?
    I finally get to my pack shaking and pounding on it,but i see no mouce. The concern goes back to the tarp,i was relieved to see the ring snapped under the impact of my fall,but threading the cordage through the loop presented its challenges in the dark with my glasses on the a.w.o.l. list.
    I was then back in the ridge runner, it seemed lower to me getting in ,but i was so glad to be warm again i settled for the hang the way it was. The coon came back two more times keeping me on alert mode.
    Somewhere close to sun up i started to feel the cold coming in through the u q.the fall shifted my hang point down,and i didnt know i had down touching the ground soaking up the ground moisture. I wrote it all off to a learning experience and humbly made it to be the last one to the morning fire.I pulled out my oatmeal to find a mouce hole chewed in the package. I instantly was transported to the days of my youth and saw sylvester the cat with a disgusted look on his face after being outsmarted by speedy gonzalas,saying "i hates mieces to pieces",now i do too.
    Last edited by hairbear; 01-21-2013 at 20:33.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Cuben Cuben Cuben
    Insulation
    FEATHERS N STUFF
    Suspension
    DiY Mule LarksHead
    Images
    Oh man, great story hairbear!

Sounds painful and embarrassing but glad to see you laughing it off. Did you ever find your glasses? I'd dislike myself for laughing at such an expensive replacement!
    Translate Earth
    Create moments to let Earth teach
    Earth Avatar in training

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Wow. What a story! Sorry about the tarp- perhaps it can be repaired?

Makes an even stronger case for a Wrist Rocket from the hammock!

~ Sky
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hairbear, not to make light of your unfortunate night, but the funny thing about it was that before you came to the fire to tell your tale, a couple of the guys reported hearing a tree fall about the same time of night that you had your spill.
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Hairbear

You're really setting yourself up for a new trail name with that story. Sorry I missed it.

I was just looking at Discos Pics and saw that fire... I wonder who could have made such a divine masterpiece...

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Seems i have a future as a court jester. The glasses were found in the morning in fine order.
    The 12 foot cuban held up to my body weight without ripping. The damage was the metal ring that ripped apart. This reasures me that the ridge line is strong,even with an all cuban ridge line. Adam gets a two thumbs for a tougher piece of gear than i expected it to be for the weight.
    The animals well you cant blame them ,a cold winter after a record dry period has got to develop some hungry nights. Good news is snore bomb or not im sleeping in the middle next hang. lol

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by fgtayl01 View Post
    Hairbear

You're really setting yourself up for a new trail name with that story. Sorry I missed it.
    We all spoke of missing all the guys that couldnt make it. Hope to see you next hang. Take care.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro2012 View Post
    I was just looking at Discos Pics and saw that fire... I wonder who could have made such a divine masterpiece...
    A work of art indeed.It really served us well. Thanks pyro. The group improved the camp for others, setting a fine example for all hangers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast