Thread: Trailer Frame

Hammock
    WBBB
    Suspension
    Strap and beans.

Trailer Frame

OK - quick question. Anyone ever consider creating a unistrut frame mounted to a regular utility trailer? One that's say.... 6'x12'ish? I was thinking about unistrut at each corner and cross members on all edges. Make it about 7' tall. It'd look like a box frame. I'm thinking about how I can get off the ground in my tree-limited area of Amarillo.

We trailer our gear around a lot (job thing) and I thought it'd be a great platform where we don't have trees.

Also - anyone ever come up with a good dog hammock?

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    On the frame... There is no reason you can't make a free standing pipe frame if weight and size are of no issue... You could make some turtle dog stands and go from there... One guy I have seen has a short pipe frame inside the back of his panel van... I thought that was genius... But yeah no reason you couldn't build a pipe frame and hang off of it... I would be reluctant to use unistrut, rotational forces twist it easily, and when it is twisted it fails relatively quickly... But give it a shot you never know till you try...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB
    Suspension
    Strap and beans.
    Good call on the rotational forces... I was thinking that cross members would offset the twisting. But now that I think about it... even with one in the middle.... the risk of twist is high with struts that tall. I think I will go the pipe route.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    UP here folks make drop down fish houses, it should work. http://icecastlefh.com/home/4547309807
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

• + New Posts