Page 109 of 258 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2579
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    About two years ago, I was doing a fifty mile segment of the Sheltowee Trace in Kentucky. We hiked the first day in perfect weather. Soon after going to bed in my tent, the rain started. I slept great and stayed dry... until we started packing up the next morning. I found out that there is no way to pack the tent without getting it totally wet! That was the birth of my idea to check out hammock camping!
    Now I have a Hennessy Expedition Asym and a Clark NX-250. I love them both!

nenia
    I haven't had a chance to use my hammock yet..but I want to be able to travel lighter and the hammock seems a good way to go

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    I just don't like the feeling that you've just gotten soundly beaten with a 2x4.

Hammock
    eno, for now.
    Tarp
    eno, modified
    Insulation
    diy, mummy bag
    Suspension
    straps and woopie
    I never even knew of all this hammock forums stuff. I just bought an eno years ago for fun, and decided I could make it better, warmer, lighter, and easier to use. And started making met own stuff. Then I found out other people were using it for backpacking camping. Now I will never go back, there is nothing better for camping, backpacking, or just relaxing anywhere you want.

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I used a hammock for fun at a friends house when I was a kid (just swinging about and relaxing) but only used one as a means of camping when I went on a trip to Vietnam. I didn't know anything about how to set it up and consequently had a small lake in my hammock with me the next morning!

A few years later I was inspired by Ray Mears to try it again. So this time did some in-depth research and bought my self a DD Travel Hammock + Tarp to start hanging around again. I have had it a couple of weeks now, still trying different techniques but loving it for comfort, fun, and the attention I get from my friends and colleagues!

Hammock
    eno double nest
    Tarp
    JRB spinnaker
    Insulation
    JRB tq /uq
    Suspension
    ucr or ws
    I used to tent camp on my motorcycle. My last big trip was to Colorado following Mt. St. Helens eruption. I just got tired of sleeping on the hard ground so I quit for a few years. One day I ran across Shugs videos and a year or so later started aquiring equipment. First hang last October at Eagle Rock Loop here in Arkansas. I Have a hennesy expedition, eno single (favorite), and gt ultra lite and I play with diy stuff. I am retired so I have time for all this. COMFORT !! That's what it's all about.

Killraven3

Hi I'm Killraven3

Just started hanging. Saw some of the hangers on youtube and decided to try it out. Purchased a DD Hammock, and started this spring. I'm in my 50's and just can't get off the ground in the morning like I use to. Thanks to the hammock I can go out overnight again.
    Ray Konold (Killraven3)

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    being from the sunburn state hammocks were used for napping and relaxing, my mother would use one when pregnant with me. never thought about using it for camping until... well all i can say is THANK YOU Shug! I have a HH and a 12' DIY. I prefer the DIY when there are no bugs. THANK YOU so much HF, you are some of the nicest folks on the web, i cant wait to log on and see whats going on, truely a wonderful site!!!
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti / Mamba
    Suspension
    WB adj. web
    Images
    Started motorcycle camping in the 60s with a tarp and sleeping bag, often just a tarp. Tried a jungle hammock a couple times, progressed through many tent and tarp combos. A freestanding tent, lightweight tarp, and string-hammock became my standard tour kit. Many hot, humid nights were spent comfortably sleeping in the hammock, my gear stowed in the tent. Still use a string-hammock for afternoon naps.

The string-hammock is great for staying cool, but... with current hammocks and accessories I can sleep warm too! The tent stays home on my motorcycle journeys, though I often carry a sleeping pad and ground cloth, just in case. I found my way to HF via a very popular hammock thread on ADVrider.
    Phil

My son is in the Boy Scouts. This troop likes to hike I found out hammocks are the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave no trace.

• + New Posts
  • Page 109 of 258 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast