Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    What he said
    yup.. plus crawling out on my hands and knees to pee 3x a night was getting old.

Used to go camping all the time growing up and missed it something terrible. ALTHOUGH I did not want to sleep on the ground. Found this site and it just went ballistic from there... Still consider myself a newbie for sure but am having a great time getting experience and our systems fine tuned!

Thanks to everyone here for all the info...

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters, ENO DN, NW Aspen
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Natural body fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

My Scouts made me do it....

I've been a ground hugger for years (and years and years). During Scout summer camp this year, I learned that being a hanger was the 'in thing' now. We had more guys in hammocks than we had in tents. Both of my sons now have hammocks.

I'm going to see if the troop wants to do a hammock only outing during the spring time.

GeezerScouter
    SR9-101-25 Eagle Patrol
    "I used to be an Eagle, and a good old Eagle too...."

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I have had hammocks for years and I started keeping one in my daypack. After falling asleep several times in the woods, I started contemplating camping. Then I met up with my long lost kinfolk by marriage, Squidbilly, and he let me see and use some real gear. After that, I was hooked!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Straps caribener
    I have been sleeping in a hammock for about four years since I visited SGT Rocks website and was looking for a new solo shelter. I like gear that is not considered main stream brasslite stoves moonbow backpacks etc. This year I hiked the AT for a month HH Deluxe with hex tarp worked great in rain wind etc. Only problem my foam pad would slide around and when it was cold I would wake up night. I found this forum and found out about the WBBB double 1.7 and decided to order one and will now be selling my HH Deluxe. I plan on hiking more of the AT in March with the new hammock. I love my new hobby!!

Tarp camping in the air...

I was starting to research tarp camping as a lighter alternative. Then I went on my bachelor party canoe trip and my brother gave me an ENO. On that trip I realized that hammock camping was just as efficient; and way more comfortable.

Jammaman
    I ride long distances on my motorcycle, and currently use a nemo tent, more and more of my felllow riders are hanging, looks comfey and certainly saves weight and space on the bike. so I am trying to learn more about this pastime on this forum.

Doug/Jammaman

Back in college I had one of those nylon mesh string hammocks set up under my loft and spent many hours in relaxation mode. Fast forward to the summer of 2012 when my daughter and I picked up a couple budget nylon ones at our local surplus store and thought it would be cool to have along when we backpack or go the the beach. Took it on a backpacking trip this past June to Nordhouse Dunes because I had to give up my tent to my daughter and her friend. Got the best sleep I've ever had and have been hooked since. Even got my buddy to convert and seeing my setup. Made some changes as I've become wiser (thanks to the forums, Shug and Sgt Rock) and hung at Pinckney, Manitou, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and 2 trips to Grand Island in the UP. Even use it in my daypack when I hike locally and need to take a break. Feeling the urge to get out there soon and may even setup this weekend in my backyard and dream of next season.

The few times I camped over the years in a tent I absolutely hated it. Love the outdoors and enjoy camping. Bought a pop-up camper for use with the family. But it is a pita to use when I'm by myself or if it is just me and my son or brother. Ran across this website back in 2007 and the rest is history.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben Fiber Hex
    Suspension
    Rap Rings & Biners
    I converted from tenting after sleeping one night in (Pololu Valley, HI)..in a friend's Hennessy Expedition Asym. The comfort gained and the weight lost out of your pack makes hanging..a no-brainer.

• + New Posts
  • Page 122 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast