Hammock
    My DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    HG 20 Phoenix
    Suspension
    straps
    I first heard about it from some friends and my dad decided to get a cheap one off of amazon. We took it to a car camping thing with the boy scouts and I asked if I could sleep in it one night and I was in love with it. I slept so well, I was lucky it did not rain that night. the next mourning I guess I bragged a little to much on how well I slept and my dad wanted to sleep in it, but I did not let him. That night it started to sprinkle and my dad called me to wake me up but I did not wake up so he called a few more times. He ended up waking almost everyone else up before I woke up.

When we got home we decided to get the Hennessey Hammocks and now have a lot more. But now we make our own. That is my story.

Hammock
    Kammok or WB RR ,Yunon earth
    Tarp
    Superfly w/ doors
    Insulation
    Snugfit & Burrow
    Suspension
    dutch cilps
    I got a warbonnet blackbird and welcome from central Texas

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuban w doors
    Insulation
    Warm and fluffy
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I picked up a hammock from Gander Mountain real cheap and decided to give it a go. Not owning any hanging equipment I decided to by some painters drop cloth as a tarp and use the old sleeping bag and pad. I had a great night sleep minus waking to some cold body parts due to no under insulation but not bad in general. I considered going back to the tent and spent a long weekend trip on the ground. Lets just say I will never leave my hammock again! Now that I am getting more equipped for hanging, my nights are getting more and more relaxing and the dreams just won't stop at night Only if there wasn't so many amazing "toys" to buy for hanging or backpacking in general. Only if the wife knew...

Hammock
    eno single nest hammock
    Insulation
    0 degree bag
    Well I first got interest in hammocks from my uncle who told me the hammock would be one of my best investments i ever made and i must say my uncle was right. i will never go back too sleeping on the ground unless the trees magically go away lol

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    Off my old tent
    Insulation
    -5 Sleepybag.
    Suspension
    Web straps
    Well, there's this guy I work with. One day, he cornered me and made me drive home and get my tent. Then there was a painful blow to my head, and I remember hitting the floor, but not much else after that.

When I woke up hours later in the woods, I was bound and stuffed into a WBBB. I saw a merry blaze and watched my tent going up in flames while all I heard was maniacal laughter.

I was forced to drink a bitter brew of some kind, and I could feel my mind becoming cloudy. Next thing I knew, I had joined here and became just as obsessed as the rest of you cultists.

(It really did happen, I swear! Haven't bought yet, but I'm convinced. Will be pulling the trigger in the spring, but after I have a "private hang" with Skypainter to check out all his gear and play with everything.)

I prefer to remain an enigma.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    My lt at the fire dept got me into

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    Ugq
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    Suspension
    Dutch ware
    Images
    I got into hammocks about 6 years ago. I have a friend who used hammocks for years and I thought it looked better than sleeping on the ground. And I was correct about that! Also I like to sit in them sideways and rock, since i always liss my rocking chair when on the trail.

the5210
    Hello from WNC!
    Why do I hang? I have a lot of friends who have hammocks that can't stop talking about how comfy they are. I have been tent camping my whole life and, although it may be fun occasionally, is not very comfortable. I got a Hennessy expo for Christmas and it was probably my favorite gift. I hope to get out more often and thank you to all the people who make this website possible. Happy hangin' y'all

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks Sparrow
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I first tried hanging a few years ago after watching Ray Mears Bushcraft and it got me into the great outdoors again and made me want to camp in the woods. I got myself a mesh hammock, thinking it would do the job but after sitting in it for half an hour I realised it was no use even for sitting in! My girlfriend got me a DD camping hammock for a present and that got me into hammocking.

Recently found Dutchware, Shugs videos (amazing!) and this forum.

Hammock
    Currently a DD travel hammoc
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    closed cell mat
    Suspension
    rope

what made me a hanger

hello all, this is my story of how my hanging days started..

it all started years ago, though I've only been hanging recently..

when I was a young boy in the Scouting movement i was introduced to sleeping in a shelter rather than a tent, though I then continued to camp in a tent. Then I got to thinking of making my pack lighter as i revisited my younger days and researched bivi bags and tarps, this research led me to stumble on hammocks, i now own 6 hammocks including a double beach hammock.

I'm about to try making my own hammock to try and get the weight and pack size down from 1.2kg (heavier than my lightest tent) I'm aiming for about 500g or lighter.. any help is appretiated.

• + New Posts
  • Page 124 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast