Page 131 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2579
    I got tired of sleeping on the ground and a friend let me try out their hammock and oh my god was it comfortable and so much better.

Ever since that day I've made the switch.

I'm a minimalist at heart why bring more when you can bring less!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    WB Adj. webbing

Re: What made you a "hanger"?

I found Shug's videos and then started reading this forum. Seemed like hammocks were better for those of us that are older and have a bad back. So I bought an ENO DN to give it a try and the rest is (my) history. I now sleep full time in a hammock and cringe when I have to travel and sleep in a bed.

Floyd

Hammock
    HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock

Re: What made you a "hanger"?

I've always been a camping kinda of guy. Anytime someone asks me to go out I'm in. Mostly been car camping some hike in and set ups. Mostly just a short little hike down in to my woods. I got to a point where I durring the winter waking up on the cold ground really made me an unhappy camper. So when I started to assemble my own backpacking set up I started to do research. I looked at all kinds of tents and pads that would pack up tight and light. The HH website popped up on a search and I watched him go from hammock to chair and I was hooked. So I quickly ordered a HH and put it to use. The first time I set it up I knew I messed up I was sitting an inch from the ground. So when I finally got the knots down I've been using it ever since. I have used it down to the upper 30F with just a 20degree bag and a fleece 50degree bag. I realized my A$$ was cold so I needed to do more research. Found this site recently and I know I'm going to be making alot of extra goodies for my hammock thanks to the DIY threads. I'll never sleep on the ground again.

Hammock
    ENO DN, DIY also
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    experimenting
    Suspension
    slap straps pro
    Images
    My hip bone trying to dig its way to China.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    no preference
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    WB strap system
    When I was in the boyscouts I thought I had come up with the greatest idea ever. A hammock tent with mosquito netting. When I talked to my grandfather about it, he told me they had already been invented, and he even remembered seeing them in Viet Nam. After that I went to an Army surplus store and bought a Viet Nam era jungle hammock. I used it a couple times, but we moved shortly after and I did not get back into scouts. I did not get back into camping until college, at which time I bought myself a Clark. I was very happy with the Clark, but I am now to the point of fine tuning my setup. I bought a sewing machine and wanted to start making my own gear. I came across Shug's videos on youtube and began sending him messages. He always gave me good answers and referred me to the site, so here I am!

Hammock
    HB Single
    Suspension
    whoopies
    About 10 years ago, I got back into backpacking after a much too long hiatus. I quickly found that the ground was not nearly as comfortable as I remembered, so I started looking for sleeping pads that offered more cushion than my little CCF pad without too much of a weight penalty. While looking, I came across a couple of backpacking hammocks. They caught my eye, so I decided to give it a try. The result was a lower pack weight and a much better night's rest. I haven't looked back.

Ever since my first camping trip with my dad and brother we've always brought hammocks to lounge in and eat in as its the only truly comfy place in the woods, but we always pitched a tent and slept on the ground. I've always camped that way. Then a few weeks ago I came up with an idea to build a tent around my hammock, I jumped on google the next day hoping to find someone else had done this before. I was overwhelmed by what I found. Now I'm planning on getting a Hennessy hammock this may and hope to sleep in the trees every time I go camping. Now I only have to find a way to convince my wife to try it lol

12monkeys

Talking cityboynewhanger

i found this from searching youtube, i am putting together a pack and will start hitting the outdoors again, have always liked hammocks, thought about using one for summer shelter with a mosquito net that i could rig, had no idea the hammocks they had out today wow i cant wait this will change the game for me im sure its been awhile and this will be a great restart, i just ordered the clark flex 180 camo , will mod for a two point system, glad to be a new member here i like what i read here.

"Dont gain the world and loose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold"...
    Bob Marley

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Big Blue Tarp!
    Insulation
    B.A.N.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    I'm mostly a solo jungle and beach dweller on a sub tropical island. Finding a flat spot for a tent in the jungle or on the beach has always been a challenge, but one night, after a long kayak paddle, I ended up in the bottom of the tent one too many times, and just hit the end of my rope. I had absolutely had it. Bought a cheap $15 hammock and just strung a $5 blue tarp over it. That was it!

Cheers,
    Matt

• + New Posts
  • Page 131 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast