Page 135 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2579

Cool

I've been camping many years, not long ago tried sleeping in a hammock. Found it to be much more comfortable than the hard ground. Also much lighter for hiking.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    A buddy of mine and I wanted to get into backpacking in early 2012, he said "I'm thinking about getting a hammock." I thought, "That sounds interesting." Did a little research, watched some Shug videos, and I was sold. Spent my first night on the Superior Hiking Trail in a torrential donwpour with 40mph winds. Woke up dry and more comfortable than in my own bed. Knew right than and there I was hooked.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    Hennesy
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

New Newbie!

I just returned from a quick weekend camping trip and discovered that I'm getting too old and stiff to sleep on the ground anymore. Five minutes in a friend's hammock and I have a new goal for camping, getting my own set up for the next trip. I still know almost nothing about hanging, other than the fact that I don't ever want to sleep on the ground again! I was told by the same friend that this forum was a great way to learn about gear, and even find some deals to get me started.

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    yeti
    Suspension
    diy whoopie slings
    had a climbing buddy break out an eno one day. I liked the idea of a hammock then i found shugs youtube videos. been spreading the joy of hammock camping ever since!

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by rednekcop View Post
    I just returned from a quick weekend camping trip and discovered that I'm getting too old and stiff to sleep on the ground anymore. Five minutes in a friend's hammock and I have a new goal for camping, getting my own set up for the next trip. I still know almost nothing about hanging, other than the fact that I don't ever want to sleep on the ground again! I was told by the same friend that this forum was a great way to learn about gear, and even find some deals to get me started.
    Welcome to the forums. If you hurry and add your name to the list, you will be #100 in NC. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=27048
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    ENO DN as of right now.
    Tarp
    Silnylon Equinox
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Most people startout with the tent and eventually move into the hammock. I on the other hand am fairli new to the camping/hiking world and in a effort to stay as light as possible, I went straight to the hammock skipping the tent.

I watched a ton of videos and read a ton of info online and it just made sense. So far I have been completly happy with my decision.

Northern blazer
    I was in Taos NM last year and I saw a setup for camping in a hammock! I was so impressed. I've never slept good in my tents, and I never really feel rested after sleeping on the ground. I had money to spend at R.E.I., so I figured I'd check it out. I really do think though that it was stumbling across Shug on YouTube that inspired me to spend that and give it a try. That dude broke it down for me and made it fun to learn. Very passionate about this hammock stuff he is. Well thanks to his vids, I've hung my first hammock, modified its suspension to whoopies, and dove in and bought a couple hammocks from Brandon at warbonnet and ordered a couple quilts from Adam and HG.... Thanks a lot guys. Haha. My girlfriend now hates me for spending so much. But, work hard play hard. I've been backpacking for the last few years now and I wish I would've been turned on to the hammock from the start... So comfy and functional, not to mention cutting weight from my heavy set up, (I'm not getting any younger, and I wanna hike for a long time yet). Well anyways, thank you guys for helping me through this new obsession, and I look forward to meeting some of you in the future!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlledRot View Post
    A buddy of mine and I wanted to get into backpacking in early 2012, he said "I'm thinking about getting a hammock." I thought, "That sounds interesting." Did a little research, watched some Shug videos, and I was sold. Spent my first night on the Superior Hiking Trail in a torrential donwpour with 40mph winds. Woke up dry and more comfortable than in my own bed. Knew right than and there I was hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern blazer View Post
    I was in Taos NM last year and I saw a setup for camping in a hammock! I was so impressed. I've never slept good in my tents, and I never really feel rested after sleeping on the ground. I had money to spend at R.E.I., so I figured I'd check it out. I really do think though that it was stumbling across Shug on YouTube that inspired me to spend that and give it a try. That dude broke it down for me and made it fun to learn. Very passionate about this hammock stuff he is. Well thanks to his vids, I've hung my first hammock, modified its suspension to whoopies, and dove in and bought a couple hammocks from Brandon at warbonnet and ordered a couple quilts from Adam and HG.... Thanks a lot guys. Haha. My girlfriend now hates me for spending so much. But, work hard play hard. I've been backpacking for the last few years now and I wish I would've been turned on to the hammock from the start... So comfy and functional, not to mention cutting weight from my heavy set up, (I'm not getting any younger, and I wanna hike for a long time yet). Well anyways, thank you guys for helping me through this new obsession, and I look forward to meeting some of you in the future!
    Cool ya'll.....I do love a hammock as it leads to fun in the woods.
    Hoping ya'll get some good and fine hanging going on.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    On my latest backpacking trip 3 of my friends were using hammocks so I sat in one and fell in love and that's how I got started.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Cool ya'll.....I do love a hammock as it leads to fun in the woods.
    Hoping ya'll get some good and fine hanging going on.
    Shug
    Gotta say, as a Newb and a fan, its pretty cool getting a response to my first post from the man who inspired me to hang...Apologies for gushing, I'm better now. Keep on doin what you're doin man!

• + New Posts
  • Page 135 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast