Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WL - 144" TadPole
    Insulation
    WL -3/4UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbiner
    I've been ground camping my whole life, tiger cubs to adult adventurer. Two weeks ago my friend brought an ENO double nest to a day hike/camp. I tried it and loved it. Immediately started doing a ton of research and ordered my first hammock rig.

Wilderness Logics - Lite Owl w/ Tad Pole tarp.
    Whoopie Slings, Dog bones and Dutch Biners. - Jacks r' Better

I'm addicted. Oh and Marty at Wilderness Logics is awesome, answered all my questions within minutes of an email and turnaround time on my order was 4 days!!!! Amazing customer service. I plan on getting my under quilt from Marty when I need to, figured I'd wait since summer is upon us and here in SC I won't be needing it yet

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird single 1.7
    Tarp
    mamajamba
    Insulation
    APEX Jarbridge
    Suspension
    straps n' WHOOPIES
    I have been camping for years and have never gotten a good nights sleep. I went camping with a buddy that was trying out his first hammock and really like the sleep and the hammocking setup. After deciding to get a little more serious about backpacking, I have switched to hammocks and hoping it provides more than a tent/pad combo could offer.

Poppajim07
    I began researching camping again earlier this year after not getting out for over 10 years, due to the type of work I have been involved in I am old for my age so I was looking for a sleep system that wouldn't add too much weight and allow me to be comfortable. I came across just Jeff's site and couldn't get the idea out of my head.

Hammock
    ENO one link system so far
    I became a hanger about 3 years ago as a once or maybe twice a year because I'm getting too old to sleep on the ground. However years back I only sleep in the Mexican style hammocks every night for about 5 years. It really has come a long way.

Re: What made you a "hanger"?

Got sick of the "great hike, sucky night sleep" thing. I had the idea what if there was a tent that was a hammock too. Thought I had an original idea for once. I had plans all drawn up and talked to a seamstress. That I thought maybe there something out there I can use. Turns out there was. Came upon Clark's site and fell in love. Can't wait for every part of backpacking now (everything but getting out of my cozy hammock in the mornings that is)

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ-TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    After 20 years in the Marine Corps, two ruptured disks and a bulging disk, sleeping on the ground hurt. I love backpacking and the great outdoors so much that I wasn't going to just throw in the towel so here I am...a hammocker! Well a new one and still learning tons of info...
    Not all who wander are lost...

Hammock
    Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    BCUSA
    Insulation
    Modified down bag
    Suspension
    Hennessy
    Way back when, just out of high school, my buddy and I did minimalist backpacking and used those cheap light mesh hammocks that roll up to the size of a softball. Not super comfy but they worked fine.

Fast forward to couple years back when I came across some of the manufacturers while surfing. Now, with the kids old enough for more serious camping and hiking, I am getting more serious about my gear and skills. Plus, my son is in scouts and I am an assistant scoutmaster, so I am getting out more often, and in more kinds of weather than ever before.

Hammock
    GTUL/ENO DN
    Tarp
    Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Ridge Rest SOlite
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ toggles
    For me, it was a matter of seeing a GTUL on clearance and thinking how perfect it would be for gear reduction purposes. That was about four years ago and I am just now really getting into all the new ideas for suspension and insulation. The movement has grown for sure in the last few years.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    A few years ago while camping my cousin brought along an inexpensive travel hammock. Resting in it after a long day I knew it was for me. I have never slept well on the ground and I hate packing up the tent in the morning. Its always wet and the ground cloth is covered in bugs and slugs. I have finally decided to get out more and wanted to go on longer hikes so in the last 6 months I have refitted all of my gear. I have put allot of research and time together to plan out my gear. I hiked 15 miles on the C&O canal this past weekend and hung for the first time in the Warbonnet Blackbird. Superb.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Spiders. 5 hairy, half-dollar sized spiders in my blanket with me a few weeks ago in the Wayne NF.

• + New Posts
  • Page 137 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast