The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    That picture certainly earns the nickname "The Jungle"!
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

stealth camp

I sewed up a hammock after trying to find a flat place to sleep on a hillside.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Insulation
    Modded Sleepin Bag
    Suspension
    Salvaged Seatbelts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iRokk View Post
    That picture certainly earns the nickname "The Jungle"!
    Yeah It does LOL, It is an Old photo of when I had first gotten started hammock camping. I have better and more lush photos of the surrounding fauna, but the tarp was a blue one and somewhat slack and unfortunately kind of kills the way it all looks. I plan on hitting the same spot again this coming weekend of June 7th. I will shoot better photos of that site and my new rig. Should be spectacular. As far as stealth is concerned. That is an easy one out here. There aren't many people I know that would push through dense Saw Palmetto to get that spot. So it remains unused and litter free.

Hammock
    ENO SN
    Tarp
    diy
    Insulation
    mat&bag
    Suspension
    tie down& toggle
    I am a new hanger and i found an eno hammock at dicks sporting goods and figured i would give it a try. I have loved it so far.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I started because I wanted to move from car camping to back packing and It seemed that Hammocks were the most efficient/comfortable shelter for the endeavor.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

Hammock
    DD Travel
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Sheepskins + UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + sleeve
    I love floating between earth and sky . It's so comfortable, easy to set up too. Am still working on staying warm underneath as I'm a cold mortal but getting there - sheepskins are excellent slotted between the covers and am making myself a huge UQ from an old down duvet.

Am thinking about a Sock or even a Spindrift as I consider going for a WB - need flat lay - and understand these can add another 10+ degrees. I live (happily enough) with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis so making and keeping body heat are no longer skills I possess! Hot drink at bedtime and lots of layers is always a good idea
    behind every gifted woman there is usually a rather talented cat ...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    I'm planning a BWCA trip, and was doing research, looking to downsize a little from the tent I have now. I saw all the notes about people using hammocks instead of tents. I had a friend at one point who redid her apartment so that the couches/beds were replaced by hammocks, and I always found her place not only cool, but comfortable. So, I decided to give hanging a try and was able to find a used WBBB here in the used section along w/a superfly. I've now used it 3 different weekends in different conditions and really enjoyed it.

Today's project -- working on a homemade underquilt. It's still a bit chilly and having tried an underquilt once versus using the pad in the sleeping bag, I'm a believer.

I have been a long time tent camper. I stumbled across some Fronkey videos and seeing him using hammocks got me interested. Then I stumbled across Shug's videos. After watching all of them I was totally hooked. Then I started to read this forum. Loved the family type approach. Compared to other forums it was a breath of fresh air and still is.

Soon I ordered a Blackbird. I was so excited to start hanging I ordered a WW Snipe while waiting on the Blackbird. Been using them (at least in my back yard) almost every day since they arrived. I am now one happy camper/hanger.

Thanks Fronkey, Shug and Hammock Forums.

I bought a hammock on a whim last year at a scout camp trading post thinking it would be fun to relax in. Later, I realized it did not have a way to attach to the trees, so I started doing some research. I came acorss Derek's book and started reading it. I've had back surgery in the past, so became very interested to learn that it is easier on the back. After reading the book, I decided to take the plunge. I've only been out a few times (don't get to camp nearly as much as I'd like) so I'm still learning, but my back definitely likes hanging better than the ground.

Hammock
    Wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    Under quilt
    Suspension
    Dutchwoopie slings

Sdog From boise

I'm an old dog at hiking but completely new to hammocks , shoulder pain has made it hard to sleep on the ground with out carrying way to much bedding.i have just ordered a war bonnet XLC yesterday .and I am needing advice on a tarp? This is a long hammock,and thou I doubt I will be doing any winter hanging,this is Idaho . The sawtooth range where I hike is often freezing at night and usually will not open passes till July ,where we still have snow on the trail. Love to hear any advice you long timers have to offer! Thanks

• + New Posts
  • Page 139 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast