Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2579
    Hammock
    WBBB/ENO DN
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    Pad
    Images
    I recently got back into backpacking after a long layoff. I watched video after video on youtube on peoples gear lists and was intrigued by the hammock backpackers. Needless to say my first trip back out I used a newly purchased hammock and loved it.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down, TQ and BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I kind of backed into Hammocking.

After 40+ years of Tent camping and backpacking I wanted to go Ultralight this year for backpacking. One of the first purchases was a replacement for my sleeping bag. I liked the idea of a Quilt and ordered a HG Burrow 20. It worked great and I love it.

My tent was an otherwise excellent 3.5lb Copper Spur UL 2. Any UL tent less than 2lb was $400-500! I had my Tax Return $ and then realized I could try something different for that amount... Following links and looking at YouTube videos (I, too blame Shug) I pulled the trigger and got a WBBB, Yeti and Superfly. ($15 combo discount!)

However, tents have their place: I have a 7 day trip in May backpacking Zion Narrows / Kolob Archs where there ARE NO TREES.

This summer I look forward to hanging whenever I can. My back will thank me.

Peace!
    "Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?" --Bob Monkhouse

I can still do anything I could when I was 21. It just takes longer and hurts more now.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    Workin on it
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Hi, everyone..
    My progression into hammock camping is like most i would imagine.
    I live in Ontario, only a few hours from the beautiful Algonquin Park. I spent countless weekends, and sometimes week long trips backpacking through the beautiful park. For years I would mostly tent camp, and sometimes just under the stars. I have seen hammocks here and there, but i never really thought it would be comfortable. (haha like sleeping on roots and rocks is..) But in my late twenties i though i would give it a try and borrowed a hammock for a weekend trip from a co-worker. It was great!.. My pack was lighter and I slept great the second night. the first night i wasn't set up just right. I was truly surprised on how much i enjoyed it.
    So, I guess i am not as new as some people to hammock camping, just new to this site. And the reason i have come to this site is that i am trying to make an underquillt and topquilt, because if i can get a hammock to be as comfortable as a tent in the winter. Then i will switch to a four season hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    About two years ago our scoutmaster brought his hammock to a camp-out. I immediately wanted to try one. After thinking about it and not knowing what to buy someone recommended a HH. I bought one from Amazon about a year ago. It was great sleeping in it but I wasn't crazy about the suspension or the bottom entry. I also was curious about bottom insulation. After researching Google for hammock tips it brought me here. Now the whole family has their own hammock(I have four) and I just set up to sleep full time in one.

Where will it stop
    Hey I was interested in full time hammock sleeping. Is there somewhere we can talk more about? Should I PM you?

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Tarp
    DIY 5x7 Sil-nylon
    Insulation
    Body Hair
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Nodust I also sleep in a hammock fulltime. I started hanging because someone sent me a hammock while I was overseas and I started using one when just trying to sleep for a few minutes that turned into sleeping in it all the time and Just kept going once I came home.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    Hey I was interested in full time hammock sleeping. Is there somewhere we can talk more about? Should I PM you?
    Sure. Send me a pm.

I actually just recently got into camping and backpacking and started out doing the hammock thing. I've only ever slept on the ground in a tent once. I had heard of Hammock camping from a friend and its what got me into the camping/backpacking thing.

Hammock
    DIY Green Meanie Hammock
    Tarp
    Nothing yet
    Insulation
    Nothing yet
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    This all started because I spent way too much time on youtube.

Let me back up. With summer coming up and I'm finishing up my last classes for graduation, I wanted to go on an epic weeklong camping trip and just disappear off the grid for a while. I love the minimalist aspect that some people bring to camping, and I love DIY ideas that people have when it comes to building fires, tents, etc. I started looking around on youtube for different ideas, and eventually stumbled upon Shug's crazy hammock playlist. This got me thinking about how light hammocks can be, also the fact that you're off the ground!

Yadda, yadda, yadda, I'm now making my own hammock.

Hammock
    Amazona Moskito
    Insulation
    Mother Nature
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Basically, I got my Amazona Moskito hammock from a work program prize. I used it a few times while camping, but wanted to use it more at home. Long story short, I was led to this site to learn how to make a TDS.

A friend has a floating party dock on his pond. He has two hammocks permanently hung on it. After discovering in how comfy hammocking can be, I started investigating purpose-made camping hammocks. Last weekend I went on my first tent-free boat camping trip. Takes much less storage space on a small boat. The dogs certainly appreciate that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 163 of 258 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast