Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Hennessy SS
    Suspension
    Dutchware Cinch
    I was messing around on YouTube looking at tarp shelter videos and came across one for hammock camping. I thought it was the coolest idea i had ever seen. This was right around Christmas and i have been glued to outdoor sites and YouTube videos ever sense. I used to tent camp years ago so I'm not new to the outside and said i would start camping again just to justify buying a hammock. LoL.

My brother in law bought me an ENO doublenest last Christmas because he thought I would enjoy it. I did...a little too much. What I didn't know when getting into hanging is that the actual hammock is the cheapest part of it. I think they planned it that way, they get you hooked and then sell you all the accessories and make the real money.

So after buying Atlas straps, ENO twilights, Guardian Bug Net, Kelty Noah's 12' tarp, XL Atlas straps (after leaving my hammock set up a couple days for the squirrels to chew through one strap), and ENO Vulcan UQ, I only lack a top quilt.

On that note, what top quilt should I get? I am not looking for down, for two reasons; one-cost, and two-cost. The only TQ I've found in synthetic is the ENO Vesta. What are y'all's thoughts?

I live in Ft Worth, where it was a comfortable 76 degrees today 1/26/15. Can't beat that!

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy silny
    Insulation
    ask Alex G.
    Suspension
    straps n buckles
    Hi,

Was invited and went to what I thought was a backpacking/tent trip... turned out to be mostly a hang event (except for one other ground dweller). A local vendor let me test a hammock for a night (Sheltowee Hammock Co.)

mine eyes have seen the glory

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images
    After being a backpacker for many years, I got into hammocks through a friend who was tired of backpacking with his heavy tent. After seeing him use his as a sleep system and camp chair, and realizing his system was so much lighter than mine, I realized hammocking was the way to go. He purchased a Hennessy Expedition Asym, which I in turn bought off him when he upgraded to the Hyperlite. I'm still using this hammock, because it's fantastic. I just finally upgraded my tarp from the stock asym to a full hex tarp and am now working on swapping out all the guy lines for Zing-It with Dutchware. I don't have the lightest hammock rig, but it's so much better than any tent system I've ever had, and the mod options are endless.

Now, thanks to Shug and a few other guys on YouTube, I can't get enough "hammock talk".

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs
    Images
    Some friends and I were doing a segment on the AT three years ago and two of them ended up hammock camping. I thought it was pretty cool, so I bought a used ENO single-nest for $20 from my friend. I took it on a camping trip to SC in the summer, and after the first two nights of figuring it out, I slept great!

This past December, I went winter hiking on the AT in GA and brought my hammock. I spent the first night in the hammock and the second night on the shelter floor (I had a sleeping pad and not an underquilt). That second night converted me 100% to being a hammock guy. For the remainder of the trip, I stayed in the hammock.

Hammock
    Half-wit
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    I grew up camping in tents but hadn't done any real camping in years. My first real experience with hammock camping was on an overnight bike ride on the Pine Creek Rail Trail in Northern Pennsylvania. I had borrowed a hammock from my friend that was riding with me. We weren't prepared for the weather at all but still had a great experience. A nasty thunderstorm rolled in after the hammocks were hung, unfortunately neither of us had a tarp but I had brought a 12'x12' sheet of 8 mil plastic and some spare rope. Until I managed to make an impromptu tarp that would cover both hammocks we were both soaked and freezing. After changing into dry clothes we were a little more comfortable but eventually the hammocks and us were wet from water running down the suspension, fortunately we had 2 space blankets which helped to keep us warm. Now its not unusual for me to sleep out on my deck in hammock, I sleep so much better in one, I'm actually contemplating putting one in my bedroom. Thankfully I am putting together a better kit for my adventures...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Mamba Jamba
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I've camped on the ground for years. I never even thought about a hammock until a month or two ago. I'm planning a hike with my brother in northern Minnesota. I was looking for a light weight tent that would sleep 2. When I looked at my options, they were either heavy and large or small light and really expensive. I already have a 1 man tent that would work, but I needed to be able to sleep 2. I decided to buy a hammock and let my bro use the 1 man tent.

I stumbled onto hammocks by accident and then found Shug's channel. He basically sold me on the idea. The comfort that is better than most beds and doesn't require flat ground. I've alway woke up with a sore back when camping and I just accepted that as a fact of camping life. I am bummed that I didn't know about this sooner. I just got my WB blackbird and set it up under my deck for a few minutes today. It took me about 2 minutes to hang it and get in it. Wow is that thing comfortable. I am ready to camp in comfort now.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Yukon 9x11
    Images
    Saw this on another forum. Pretty amazing success of an off-the-ground setup when the norm would have been a colossal fail.
    High and dry.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...329580&page=16

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Shugs Videos....

Hammock