Page 192 of 258 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2579
    Not officially a hanger yet. I winter down in Florida now and finding that a hammock would give me a lot more options for island camping. Sometimes the mangroves are so bad you cannot find a flat dry spot to camp. I am usually out in my hobie kayak fishing and enjoying overnight stays on remote beaches and islands. I ended up joining this site to learn how to transition to hammocks. Thx.

Hammock
    12' arrowhead
    Tarp
    Nube'
    Insulation
    SMr inferno set
    Images
    I am a 53 year old Alaskan Bush Rat. Having started my days using hammocks with fish net style hammocks, using sleeping bags to stay warm. By using a hammock to get off the ground I could use a light weight summer 50 degree bag to just below freezing and be plenty warm and comfortable. After reading many entries on this site. I have come to realize many of the experienced on here have much to learn.

Stumbled on this site while trying to find out more about the Ember 2 by ENO.

Hammock
    Arrowhead Equipment
    Insulation
    under quilt
    I want to try to become a hanger to give more options when camping. Especially when canoe camping in Quetico/Boundary Waters, trees are plentiful, flat spots without rocks/roots are not. Even if tent camping, having another place to rest/sit/read appeals to me.

Hammock
    Diy hyperD XL
    Tarp
    Diy silnylon
    Insulation
    Diy tq and uq
    I will never forget my turning moment, never will life be the same again. I was on a bike tour and crashed hard afew hundred miles from yosemite. My second day in camp a fellow camper saw me limping out of my tent in the morning and felt pity on me. He gave me his hammock bliss double on the spot and thats the last night i ever used a tent

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    every morning i wake up rested in the woods im glad im a hanger

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    My buddy and I were thinking of getting into bikepacking and needed something light and compacts small to carry with us on our bikes which led us to hammocks. Hang in my backyard now at least 3-4 times a week relaxing.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradym77 View Post
    My buddy and I were thinking of getting into bikepacking and needed something light and compacts small to carry with us on our bikes which led us to hammocks. Hang in my backyard now at least 3-4 times a week relaxing.
    No only do hammock compact well but they don't have poles. Even segmented tent poles require a certain length that limits how you can carry them on bikes. On my motorcycles I can't pack my tent in the panniers due to pole length - this means I have to have the weight higher. On a bicycle this is an even greater issue, but hammocks and tarps use trees for the rigid structure, no poles needed.
    I would say that hammocks would be ideal for bikepacking anywhere that there will be trees (or usable poles) to hang from.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    No only do hammock compact well but they don't have poles. Even segmented tent poles require a certain length that limits how you can carry them on bikes. On my motorcycles I can't pack my tent in the panniers due to pole length - this means I have to have the weight higher. On a bicycle this is an even greater issue, but hammocks and tarps use trees for the rigid structure, no poles needed.
    I would say that hammocks would be ideal for bikepacking anywhere that there will be trees (or usable poles) to hang from.
    I can pack my camp hammock set up in half of one of my motorcycle JCW 928 cases,or close to 10 cubic inches worth of space.
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by SCWalker View Post
    I can pack my camp hammock set up in half of one of my motorcycle JCW 928 cases,or close to 10 cubic inches worth of space.
    On my ST1300 I have 2 x 35 Litre panniers & a 55 Litre Givi topbox - none are long enough for tent poles so I use a tail bag (very big roll top duffel) to hold the tent.
    I'm pretty sure I could fit a hammock, tarp, UQ, sleeping bag, tree straps, whoopie slings & more into one of the panniers.

On my DR650 I have much less room with 2 soft saddlebags and one duffel - so there is a definite advantage to leave the tent at home and take a hammock and associated gear.

If I know there will be trees I'll leave the tent at home.
    Once I get some adjustable tent poles that are short enough to fit in my large duffel as well as a better tarp then I'll possibly never take my tent again.
    I have a Handy Hammock stand which means even with no trees or suitable poles I can still set up a hammock. The Handy Hammock stand packs small enough to fit in my large duffel.

My duffel specs: Extra Large - Dimensions: 30 in. x 14 in. x 15 in. closed; Capacity 6712 - cubic inch; 110-Lite
    This bag straps on to the rear seat of my ST1300 or on to my rear rack on my DR650 and will hold a heap of stuff.
    Changing to hammock gear and leaving my huge 14lb tent (Redverz Expedition II) at home will make it MUCH easier to take everything I want.

My husband. He opened my eyes to a different kind of camping experience. I've since fallen in love with the hang, (although not yet with the set-up, I'm working on it). I'd like to explore the world of hanging with kids - as my husband and I are now expecting - can I hang while pregnant? How much longer will I be able to tumble in and out of my hammock and sleep comfortably while middle heavy? All questions I'm asking and exploring as I continue to want to share the beautiful outdoors with my husband, my friends, and my family.

• + New Posts
  • Page 192 of 258 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast