Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG DCF w Doors
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Good morning community!

I am new to hammocking also but have just purchased my 2nd hammock already! Watching Frozen from OutdoorAdventures, Sintax77, RestlessOutdoors and Schill Brothers Outdoors has made me feel like I can get out there and start backpacking/hammocking. I used to be a ground dweller but I became really interested in hanging. I would love to join a group hang soon and get some more tips and tricks for the perfect hang. Happy posting!

Youtube

New hanger here. I tend to watch youtube quite a bit, since I got rid of cable. I came across Shugs videos and after watching quite a few videos of his I decided that I wanted to give hammocks a try. I just finished my first myog hammock using ripstop and am quite pleased with the outcome. I plan on making my own quilts and can't wait to start on them. Looking forward to converting to a hammock and plan on hanging one in my bedroom as well. Hope it helps my back.

Hammock
    In the process
    Tarp
    Silnylon
    Insulation
    Misc sleeping bags
    Suspension
    Webbing or whoopis
    [AIMG][/AIMG]Hello all. I have been dabbling with hammocks for a few years. Mainly to have a light weight sleep system. But being in northern Nevada I have not plunged all in due to the inherent lack of trees. But in my hours of YouTube trolling I ran across Shugemery and it inspired me that it truly is a four season system. So now this is my obsession. Once I figure out how to post a pic of my hodgepodge rig I was out in this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DNRbackroads; 08-26-2018 at 19:36.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Cuben Fiber (HG)
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    While I've been a car camping most of my life, you know, the style where you bring everything from home (including a sink) and move into the camp site for 3 days, I specifically became interested in backpacking after watching videos on youtube of people walking the AT. Somehow I ended up on Shug's channel and became enthralled by his enthusiasm for hammocking in general. I started out on ENO gear and after deciding that I definitely loved it, have since moved up to higher quality stuff such as Hennessey and Dutchware. I've been out on a dozen or so trips so far, in all seasons and really enjoy it. I hated sleeping on the ground and hammocks were an amazing solution as you all know.

I would also like to say thank you to Sintax77 for his videos, especially the ones where him and his wife go out together because they have helped me convince my wife to go with me as well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Elderado
    Insulation
    Wookie Underquit
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I became a hanger to maintain being able to sleep outdoors as I gain age. The ground is no longer able to make me comfortable and the damage has started to take it's toll.

Thanks,
    EmFalcon

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I actually started off my camping adventure as a hammock hanger. I had been tent camping when I was a kid and could not see myself doing that again...... I also have a really bad knees so I had heard that Hammock camping was better for that. My first camping adventure as an an adult was with an eno. Since then it has been warbonnet all the way!

Hammock
    Hennessy expedition
    Insulation
    dont have any yet
    I have had a hennessy expedition I had giving to me when I bought some tools for the Snap-on dealer. I have used it a few times in the backyard. Then about two weeks ago I was on Youtube and came across the wonder that is Shug. started watching his videos and since I love the cold and live in South Dakota I want to give it a go. I am just learning as I go. That and I like camping but not a big fan of sleeping on the ground

Hello! My husband and I were invited by our son, Nathan, to come to a few of the weekend events here in New England. We have really enjoyed it. We bring our tent and cots, and put up our hammocks for the day-not into sleeping all night in a hammock, but love to be in one! We finally joined the forum. Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Newbie here. Been on the ground all my life. Most of the adults in the troop my boys are in are going to hammocks. Decided a year ago I needed a new tent to replace my 18 year old backpacking tent and the wife suggested trying out hammocks. After talking about it with a friend and using one of his hammocks, I took the plunge.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Hum...bird Pelican
    Insulation
    0-Wooki 20-Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    WHoooHoooo! I just got approved to post. This is my very first post to HF. I guess I better stay on topic, I read the rules.

What got me into hammocking? A gift.

I guess about ten years ago, I don't know how or why, I was given a hammock out of the blue. I don't remember it being a special occasion, I think it was just a surprise. I first remember using it in July in Texas when it was miserably hot. I slept in just shorts and remember laying there feeling the air hitting my back at night and feeling cool. That was a feeling I never expected camping in July in Texas. I was cool, comfortable and slept great. How had I never tried this before?!? When I was a kid I used to sleep for months at a time outside in the backyard in a tent. I'd come inside to the air conditioning in the summer and then go back out when it cooled off to sleep outside through the winters.

I realized on my first night that hammocking was the way to go. To stay cool in the summer, get out of the rain and mud, off of the snow and rocks in Colorado, or away from the snakes, scorpions and thorns in Texas, hammock camping has made more sense to me than a tent ever since the first night I hammocked.

• + New Posts
  • Page 238 of 258 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast