CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Why i am looking into hammocks?Yrs ago i had a GI jungle hammock and love it.10yrs had passed and ive gotten older i was looking into getting a hammock due to a back injury will on active duty.I have a tent but it is getting harder to get alot of rest,get up and out of the tent.Being a WB member,i've over looked the Hammock Forum for months.after injuring(down6months) my back again on active duty(now retired after22yrs),i check out Hammock Forum,lots of information,people are very nice to pass on there tricks of the trade.Thanks for your time.Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    How did I begin hanging?.....after back surgery in 2002. 3 months recovery sleeping in a hammock in my basement was all I needed to get off the ground when I could begin to hike and camp again. Never go back.

Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym
    Tarp
    Stock Tarp
    Insulation
    Nothing yet...
    Suspension
    huggers w/ biners
    I got into hammocks after a recent backpacking trip. After sleeping the worst i'd ever slept on the ground, and waking up sore and stiff only to still have afull day of hiking in front of me, I decided to look for a more comfy, and lighter, option. I'd seen hammocks before in stores like REI, but never really looked into them. After a quick net search, I read plenty of reviews and my mind was made up. I purchased my HH Expedition, set it up, and was sold. My hiking partner, after laying in mine for 30 or so seconds, was also immediately sold, and I returned to the store to buy two more for him and his wife.

I like the fact that the hammock is more comfortable than a pad on the ground, more quickly set up and struck down, and much smaller and lighter to pack than a tent. I alos love the fact that I can hang nearly anywhere, instead of worrying about finsing a site with clear, level ground to sleep on. My first trip out, I woke up so much more refreshed and ready to hit the trail. I think the ol' backapking tent in going to be relegated to car-camping... some thing I only do when out rafting.

Mike

Outdrjunkie

Pa tree hanger

After my latest AT weekend hike, I have decided to lessen the weight of my pack and go with a hammock.

I have made my own and it weighs the same as other manufactured hammocks. Ripstop and webbing is my materials of choice. I am making more different models for the future.

My pack for 2-4 days is running in the high 30#s and I want it in the mid to high 20's. Hammock has helped, no I just need to re-evaluate all my other crap.

Thanks for the cool thread.

junkie

Hammock
    a modified tent
    Tarp
    blue construction
    Insulation
    body fat
    Suspension
    purple tow straps
    Images
    My tent was about to be a throw-away and I was browsing online for a replacement when I saw my first HH......at that point I decided that old tent could still have some life in it and I went to cutting it up and made it into a mosquito hammock......I found Shugs vids on youtube afterward and he led me here....so here I am. And in a hammock shall I ever be. Now I just need a blackbird for the trail.....my homemade hanger is ok for the backyard and car camping but other than that its too heavy and not a great design....but its what got me here and for that I will always appreciate it.

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym
    Tarp
    Gear Guide 7x9Camo
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    After reading a bit on here and over on ADVRider from other hammock converts, I took a basic Hennessey Expedition on my road trip this summer. Never slept better outdoors in my life, period.

And another justification, from a ride report I found earlier today...

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Great photo of hammock'n'flood...but the poor shoes under the hammock are LOOOOONG gone!! Then again, better that than your sleeping bag, etc. ALL gone!!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    WHOAH! Could you provide a link to that ride report? That sounds like quite a read!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    woohoo I can post just decided to become a hanger this weekend for my end to end hike along the LT this summer

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Dang what happened to the poor guy under the blue tarp!!!!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Learnig about HF from WB....(I believe Hooch suggested it to me first thanks Hooch) started reading really like the concept for my end to end this summer along the LT. So i researched and found the Warbonnet BB. and decided to go for it. Seems simple easy and i like to sleep in the trees instead of on the dirt....
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 27 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast