Page 59 of 258 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Stblais View Post
    Thanks Alan for the translation!
    I used Google to find a website that would translate for free. It did a pretty good job but appears to have missed some words.

Quite an introduction!

Hammock
    Currently using a Clark North Ameri
    Insulation
    Still learning
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I started because I wanted A light 4 season tent. Found Clark, and a light went off, I live in the mounains and flat spots can be tricky to find but there are plenty of trees. Slept in my hammock out in the yard and slept great, now I just need o find what I need to keep warm in the winter.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing

just wanted a change

i am currently making the transition to hanging. for me it was sore shoulders, back, and neck that made me want to hang. being 6'2" and 260 lbs the ground is no longer my friend.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix,LHBR,PP
    Suspension
    Whoopies

New to hammocking

Introduced to hammock camping when I was surfing and found the HH website. That was two years ago and just recently purchased my first hammock. I also got a 3S CN on the Black Friday Sale last wk. Planning on picking up a Thermarest Small (20 x 51) folding pad to legs and for sleeping on ground when forced. Looking forward to trying out equipment. Really enjoy reading posts on HF.

Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix,LHBR,PP
    Suspension
    Whoopies

yes to sore bones....

That is one of the main reasons I have decided to trying hammock camping also!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I got started b/c I've always loved hammocks (carried one around in my car for years, always was perfect for the random pair of palms on the beach) and I've always loved camping. One day it donned on me - why not combine the two?

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    Ponch or DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Webbing

Age was the spur...

I went on a fishing/camping trip to Looe in Cornwall a few years ago, and while my mates all slept warm and comfortable on the ground, I found that I slept hardly a wink due to lower back pain, and was almost unable to move in the mornings.

This was an alarming wake up call, as I have always loved sleeping outdoors. In a bit of a panic I hit the net for alternatives and came across Hennessey hammocks. What a great idea, but so expensive.

Then I found DD Hammocks, where I was able to buy what I needed at less than a fifth of the price.

I have never since camped on the ground unless there was absolutely no alternative.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images

Why a hammock?

Last summer I canoed in Quetico. The park has become very popular in the last several years and campsites are getting harder to find. We found a site with one small tent pad. Only trouble was we nearly slid off into the lake. The tent pad was on a hillside right next to a 15 foot dropoff into the lake. It poured rain and we were nearly washed away.

I started looking on the web to see if there was any alternative and found several folks using hammocks. I did some research and decided to try the Hennessy BP Asym UL. I like to lay flat and this one looks pretty good. Bought it about a month ago and have been out in the woods behind the house a few times already. Still working on the cold butt factor, but I mostly camp in summer so I don't think I'll have much trouble.

This site has been a GREAT help in giving me ideas, tips, and overall knowledge abiut the hanging experience.

Thanks, everyone!

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym Zip, Eno double nest
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    HH, tree huggers
    well I started to listen to some podcasts (southeastern backpacker) and another that had a guy named toothless, Shug Showed up somewhere in there and i went to shugs youtube page i was hooked i just had to to do that!
    found numerous pages the the hf pages, last week i ordered a hennessy expediton asym on the twofer deal they ran out of scouts so now i have two expedition asyms looking to add quilts and whoopies and so Life is good.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Backpacker Zip
    Tarp
    stock hennessy
    Insulation
    HH super shelter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I haven't even opened my hh but look forward to doing so shortly. I've been hammock camping back in the day with old-school net hammocks (I was 15). It was cool, but with what I've seen on these forums and the improvements I can't wait to go try it out. I am truly a rookie. I have the ultralight backpacker. Good choice? For those who have a hh, do you stay within the hh line of under pads or do you venture to other brands?

• + New Posts
  • Page 59 of 258 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast