Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Tarp
    DIY Spinnaker
    Insulation
    3-season Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing or whoopie
    I was already hearing about hammocking through the lightweight community when my back started giving me alot of trouble sleeping on the ground. I had already made a few tarps and hammocking fit that style of camping pretty good. I bought a Hennessy as my first hammock almost 2 years ago and then made a Speer and today ordered a Blackbird. I can't wait to try it out! I have also gotten my brother hooked on hammocking, it's fun and addicting!
    adventure is only a mistake away

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Ok. I'll finally post my reason. I was looking for places to camp since I was new in Oregon. I saw a blog about a dude that was camping in a jungle hammock. I was intrigued. I had to Google it. I came across Hennessy Hammocks and liked what I saw. I spent about a month obsessed with finding out the good, bad and ugly about them. I hardly found anything bad. Most of it seemed to be that the people just didn't like the hammock. Moving on. I bit the bullet and ordered one. Tried it out a few times and I'm a hanger!
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    For the last two summers many of my geocaching friends have been getting together for hangs at different Parks. They do some hiking, some geocaching and generally seem to have a lot of fun. They are always extolling the virtues of the HH's. Three summers ago I decided to get my first motorcycle. My "beginner" was a small Honda, 230cc Dual Sport. After the first year I sold that and got a larger bike, a KLR650. Now I can go much further and the time has come to combine the two interests. Got my HH in the mail a coupla days ago, and of course the wx has been terrible ever since! We have a lot of Gov land here where one can pretty well hang where ever they feel like. Thats what I intend to do!

IS SPRING HERE YET ???

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Monsoon
    Insulation
    DIY Reflectix Pad
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    Images
    I was surfing on a non-related message board (don't remember which one) about a week ago and someone mentioned that he hammock camps. I was intrigued and did a google search. That's when I found Jeff's site. I've pitched the idea to my wife and she is interested. Now I just need to build myself a hammock to try it out and see how comfortable it is. I'm excited to try it since I can't stand sleeping on the ground, even with my thermarest pad. I'm going to start really cheap and not worry about weight until I know I like it. We need a new tent anyway so maybe we will buy hammocks or hammock building materials instead.

Hammock
    JRB, Clark ultralight, Hennessy . .
    I had a lightweight net hammock for years and would always take it along camping, sometimes backpacking. My kids always enjoyed it when we would camp - they took naps in it. I never knew much about any other hammocks for camping. Saw a Grand Trunk ultralight and a Byer Mosquito Traveller on sale and bought them. Surfed the internet to find out more about hanging and found this forum. That's how my addiction started.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I live at the start of The Trail of Tears. I love hiking and camping but hate the heavy packs. After days of research into ultralight techniques I stumbled across the HH. I am a DIY so I made one for myself for about $30. Currently sewing my third generation out of some sweet digi camo ripstop I picked up on ebay.

Hammock
    Eno DoubleNest
    Tarp
    $5 Wal-mart tarp
    Insulation
    Closed cell foam
    Suspension
    Eno Slap Straps
    I got into it over the summer. I was talking about backpacking and camping with a co-worker and he metioned he uses a hammock. I'd never used one because I was too big. I had gastric bypass in the spring and lost about 155 lbs. so I figured I would try it out since I'm down to 255 lbs. I bought an ENO double nest, and took it on a short day hike to try it out. I loved it!!! My wife and kid also loved it so I bought them each one too. Now it's the only way I go. Beats lugging a tent around that's for sure!!!

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Asym + J'R'B BMBH
    Tarp
    HH Hex fly
    Insulation
    Various kinds
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    I'm used to, how should I put it....shelter hiking.
    I have a bad back and often stiff and in pain in the morning when I'm out in the woods. Some times so bad I hardly can get out of bed.
    I tried the hammock when I was younger but it was just to cold (didn't isolate under me).

Last year a good friend of mine talk about "hammock tents" and showed me som links. I read and read and read an found alot of people with back problems talking about the greatness of hammocks.
    Look on and found many ways to isolate and got stuck on it. Orderd one from hennessy a couple of weeks later, tried it out in the woods for four night in a row. Had hard time to get used to it and tried different ways do lay flat so i could lay on the side, and even one my stomach (I can't sleep on my back, just don't sleep well then). With a pillow under my stomach it worked great and I slept great.
    My back hurt less then usally when I'm out and I love it since.

By the way it was a Hennessy Hammock Deep Jungle Asym with the extra hex fly and reflecting bubblepad to put in the dual layer bottom.

/Marcus, just another Swede.

Hammock
    tenth wonder cheapy
    Tarp
    sargossa simple
    Insulation
    down bag diy job
    Suspension
    tree hugger
    hi by the way,first post, new to hanging as ex forces but live in the uk so have done much bivvy bagging in my time,and especially camping,just kinda got fed up with trolling around the mountains on expeds with a pack weighing 40lb plus,so came across mr shugs on youtube,invested in a cheap try it out outfit and voila,my pack is much lighter,my sleep is more comfortable and i kinda like being called a hanger lol.gotta go work beckons til later guys n gals

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    I became interested into hammock camping by watching one of Shugemery videos on YouTube. Man after that all I have been watching is vids on hammocks. Now, I haven't bought a hammock yet because I have not made up my mind on which hammock is the best bang for the buck. I need help and I bet this is the best place to find some. I hope to be a part of the hammock community soon and give back to it. Thank you guys of Hammock Forums for getting this community united on one site.

SNOA

• + New Posts
  • Page 63 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast