Hammock
    HH ULBP-A
    Tarp
    Stock HH
    Insulation
    Down/thermal tarp
    Suspension
    Stock HH Ridge
    Right after I bought a Vango tornado 200 my buddy showed me hennessy hammocks.. And bought one. I haven't even used my tent to this day.. It's soo nice too.

Only thing I regret is not doing research beforehand I would have bought a black bird! But yea. I can't see going back to tent unless the terain calls for it.
    http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/8219/sige.th.png

Bear Burito, but id have it no other way.

Hammock
    HH Scout

Cool What made me a hanger

I was browsing through YouTube when i came across Shug, I started watching his videos and became interested it was then that me and my brother decide to get a Hennessey hammock for Christmas. he got the expedition asym and i got the scout which came free with it. from then on i was hooked and i have recently bought a DD camping hammock.
    Hey Joe.

Not a Hanger Yet

I have never hammock camped but got very interested while looking at DIY Tarps, etc. I am looking for an inexpensive way of trying it out to see if it is for me. I thought this forum might be the place to find some tips.

Hammock
    Eno DoubleNest
    I started going camping with people from ESEE knives last year. One of the guys that always went, had a hammock. This last camp out i decided to give it a try. Dont think Ill ever want to go back to a tent.

Hammock
    Clark NX 200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag "BA"
    Suspension
    Rope
    toes in the water *** in the sand.....unless in a hammock..and that's the way to camp...cheers...baconholic
    Last edited by Sai Bashi; 05-03-2011 at 00:08. Reason: just needed more info

Hammock
    DIY DL Gathered End
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly
    Insulation
    Mummy Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Hello from Knoxville TN. Im Steve and I enjoy hiking from time to time. Nothing extreme like others Ive seen on the site...yet anyway.

I first saw a hiking hammock a couple years ago in a local hiking trading post and though "Man that's a lot of money for a hammock...and it would suck to have to hike a tent plus that in". Then last season I saw a guy hammock camping with no tent and thought "bet hes going to regret not bringing a tent cause its going to be cold tonight" and this year I was playing around on youtube when I came across some DIY videos by a guy named paco. Anyway Im set on ditching my tent for a hammock. Ive gathered up the material and I got a quick lesson on how to run a sewing machine last week so after finals are over Im going to set about making this thing.

Steve-O

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    OK, even though I've been sneaking around the forum for the last few months, I didn't feel "qualified" to post to this thread as I couldn't honestly say if I was a "hanger" or not.

I've slept in a hammock a whopping three nights now.

But with that teeny-tiny bit of experience, I believe I'm converted.

I'll cite one reason, although there are several that build up with it.

Everytime I've gone tent camping since I've been out of the military, I've struggled to get up off the ground in the mornings and walk. Between a bad back and sleeping on roots/sticks/rocks...it was exruciating, although I love getting out and camping in general.

Both weekends I've gone "hanging"...I've not once yet had the same issue.

I'm still working on getting 'comfortable' with sleeping in a hammock...I toss and turn over a lot. I sleep in numerous positions throughout the night, and I wake at the slightest things.

But waking up the next morning is still a much, much more pleasant sensation than it was before. And the last night I was out...laying there with the tarp propped up and looking out of the netting over the camp...it was just peaceful and much nicer than looking at the sides of the tent.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    DIY Catenary
    I like trying new things, and hammocks seemed to make sense. My last backpacking trip I tried out my new DIY tarp. I love the tarp, but hated crawling around on the ground with the rest of the critters. I haven't actually camped with my Grand Trunk yet, and if things go my way I'll be camping next time in a WBBB.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    the one over me
    Insulation
    experimenting
    Suspension
    1" straps w/ rings
    I am a firm believer in treading lightly and "Leave No Trace". I like to leave nature at least as good as when I found it. I am often put off by the way people "modify" nature to accommodate a campsite. Fire rings, logs for seating, trampled ground and such. It's like graffiti. With a hammock, I don't disturb the ground much, I keep a low profile, and I can select a spot anywhere there are two trees, no need to find level ground. The comfort, portability and convenience are icing on the cake after that.
    "Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." — John Muir

Well not a hanger yet, but with a warbonnet blackbird ordered... will soon be!

Tired of sleeping on the ground! Being a scout leader with a recovering neck injury, sleeping on the ground is just too much for my body. Was packing around a tent and a double high air mattress, too much bloody weight!

One of the youth started using a hammock on all the camps, then all the kids were sleeping in hammocks. So the questions from me started shooting out, and here I am.

• + New Posts
  • Page 71 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast