Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    Diy
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    DutchbinerWhoopies
    I've always been a backpacker, last year I dabbled with hammocks, this year I'm ready to get going. Shugs been help on YouTube, got an underquilt from hammock gear and it's been amazing Dutch makes great stuff too and eventually I'll get a Wbbb. The whole hammock community is amazing. I see where all these people are coming from. Best sleep ever.

I was trying to get into backpacking and happened to read about hammocks. It seemed like a great idea.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4440 View Post
    I've always been a backpacker, last year I dabbled with hammocks, this year I'm ready to get going. Shugs been help on YouTube, got an underquilt from hammock gear and it's been amazing Dutch makes great stuff too and eventually I'll get a Wbbb. The whole hammock community is amazing. I see where all these people are coming from. Best sleep ever.
    Whoooooooooo Buddy))))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 dl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    L.L Ghost Pepper
    Suspension
    Slings/Dutch Bckl
    Images
    What got me into hanging? Well I'm gonna have to place the blame totally on Shug.!! I'ts all his fault.! =) Also the fact that it's just plain fun and i enjoy every minute of it, and now my brother is involved in it as well just makes it even better.
    Whooo Buddy! lol

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaed View Post
    What got me into hanging? Well I'm gonna have to place the blame totally on Shug.!! I'ts all his fault.! =) Also the fact that it's just plain fun and i enjoy every minute of it, and now my brother is involved in it as well just makes it even better.
    Whooo Buddy! lol
    Ah-haa...another notch on my hammock))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What made me a hanger? First, I love hiking and being outdoors. Ever since I was a kid, when I went to my grandmothers house I would lay in the hammock during beautiful summer days. I have always kept that fond memory. Last September while using the Tapatalk app to check a fishing forum it suggested checking out Hammock Forums. I checked out the website and discovered a wonderful new hobby. I stumbled upon Shug's videos and I was hooked. My wife and I went tent camping in February of 2014 and had a really tough time sleeping. I thought I need to try a Hammock out and so ordered fabric from Ripstop by the Roll and made my first DIY hammock. Since then I have made them for most of my family. My wife and I were fortunate to attend the Florida Hang this year. We had a great time meeting some really wonderful people. We are HOOKED.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft 1.6 Argon
    Tarp
    Diy 12x10 Silpoly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S UQ
    Suspension
    Diy Whoopies
    What made me a hanger? Well its was just kinda a coincidence I suppose. A couple years ago I was looking to step up my Day hiking and start getting into some real overnight and multiday backpacking trips so that I could get out farther and see some of the things I just couldn't get to in a day. So I pulled out an old hiking backpack I had laying around and started gathering gear and everything that I would need to do a few easy 1 nighters. A couple months before our first 1 night trip was planned I got up in the morning and checked Woot.com like I usually do and low and behold they had a Yukon Outfitters Double hammock on there for like 25$ or something. Very intrigued by the idea of owning a hammock and thinking of all the great book reading and such I could do in one in my backyard I put an order in 1 and then waited. A week or so later it showed up in the mail so a grabbed it and ran out to the backyard to hang it up and thats when I realized I have no idea how to hang this thing, in fact a lot of questions came to mind right then. Will paracord hold me? how do I keep the ropes from slipping down the tree? What kind of knot should I use? How tight should this thing be? All of these questions and nothing inside the hammock to answer them so what did I do? Well like any normal person I googled it. "How to hang a hammock" and low and behold I came across Treklightgear.com and theultimate hang.com which not only sorted me out as to how to hang my hammock but also lead me here to Hammockforums when I started looking for better ropes and a simpler setup. After poking around on here reading and learning I soon found out that a lot of people use their hammocks for camping and even backpacking so I jumped right in ordered more amsteel then I could possibly need (Still using it to this day :P) made some whoopies grabbed some climbing biners, a pair of straps from AHE and took my hammock with me on my first overnight backpacking trip. After that I never wanted to sleep on the ground again. Between loving sleeping in a hammock and getting bitten by the gear bug I have been hanging ever since and don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Not a hanger yet; but, we need to reduce the amount of stuff we pack when we go camping and increase our comfort levels. I want to be able to toss two backpacks into the car and go! We're aging empty nest tent campers and casual hikers who simply don't want an RV. I found this site while doing research. This is a great site!!!

Hammock
    DH NightHawk
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Suspension
    Cinch
    Decided to get back into backpacking and tent camping. Went on a trip with a bunch of friends and had to share a tent with a few guys. After three nights falling off my pad and listening to snores, grunts and the like I decided to purchase my own shelter. Perusing the net I heard about hammocks and the rest is history. No more ground sleeper hang overs for this guy!

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp. Asym.
    I was told about hammock camping from quite a few people on the Washington Fly Fishing Forum. Then I met a guy who bought a two person set up and was getting rid of his solo tent hammock. I now own a brand new used hammock tent.

• + New Posts
  • Page 185 of 258 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast