Speer
    Tarp
    Speer WCT
    Insulation
    Under/overquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

Great forum

I have been hammock camping for about 3 years. Have gone through the evolution of what works and what doesn't. When I found out info about snake skins and made some for my tarp I thought that was great but when I found out about this forum and begin to read and sample the information it was like in the movie 2001 Space Odessey when the apes saw the black monolith. Great source of info for anyone of any level. So.. I have already changed over to Whoopie slings and tarp ridgelines and am learning some new knots. Look forward to getting more information and hopefully sharing some.

Thanks

Hammock
    Jazilla DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly(olive)
    Insulation
    Jazille DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I started over 3 years ago with an old military hammock and my love has evolved from there. With the help of my brother Jazilla my equipment has become lighter, better made, and more suited for ultralight hiking and camping.

Hammock
    Doublenest.
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    slings and toggles

Talking bum on the run

An aquaintaince of mine posted a video of a friend made a vid about urban camping tips so I checked it out. It turns out the guy is just a glorified self made bum. And he is very poor in his camping skills and his vids don't even really show off a whole lot of camping stuff and just showcases his wondering around selling jewelry but one thing that stood out was that he slept in a hammock with a tarp over it. I was blown away. I had taken a hammock camping with me for years but it was one of those small net hammocks by coleman or coughland or something. It was nothing to sleep in purely a pleasure item. When I had presented to me hammocks as a sleeping system and a shelter, I bought a cheap grand trunk and a blue tarp and have been playing with hammocks ever since.

Treetops

Hanging is the best

I was made into a "hanger" a trip out in the wilderness sleeping on a sketchy hammock that i fell off of but it was still the best trip i have ever gone on because i slept in a hammock!

Treetops

Hammock
    1.1 diy gathered end
    Tarp
    MacCat/Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    The day my friend bought an Eno, I thought it was a gimmick. Then the first time I got in it I realized why it was called a nest. Then we started thinking of all the great new places we could set up camp. That is when I realized I needed a hammock! Still have not strung it across a stream yet

Hammock
    Modified Doublenest Eno
    Insulation
    DIY RRG Full UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    We stopped at the REI store in Atlanta on our way to a Thanksgiving weekend hike on the AT. We were admiring the ENOs but didn't pick one up. We spent a night in a shelter where a sweet little mouse decided to make a nest in my Deuter bag.

We talked about the hammock a few times during our hike and wished we had bought it, so as a fun additional gift for Christmas I gave my hubbie the ENO doublenest. He strung it up.... and I got hammock envy.

We ended up ordering me one, sewing two underquilts and heading out for a New Years eve hang within a week of buying the hammock. No mice, no sticks, no sore back. Wow!

Now we are heading back to the trail for Mardi Gras for a family hang and hike on the AT.

Hammock
    Pappa Smurf special

hooked up once and got hooked

I went with a buddy on a camping trip and he had been telling me about his Eno dbl nest. I have family camped all my life but had never even heard of hammock camping. they were calling for cold nights when we planned to go, and i was very skeptical of how a hammock would keep me warm. In fact I was planning on getting in my truck and driving home if i did get cold. But I was cozy as could be, and got the best night sleep I've ever had in the woods. After the first night I was hooked.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    TadPole Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 40 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Shug made me do it! I watched a few of his vids and the next thing I know I woke up in a hammock in my back yard and my wallet was empty... : )
    Worst part is I dont think he was even trying hard! Thanks Shug! I have never felt better in the morning!!
    Doing More with less....

Dum Tacet Clamat!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TomsBackwoods?feature=mhum

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad & Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Needed a new hobby and passion after my arm gave out with baseball. Got into backpacking a bit and started thinking about Hammock camping after going on youtube and looking up the superior hiking trail. Found a video with an extremely passionate and funny dude talking about "whooooo buddy" and "shug shugity shug shug" stuff... decided to try it out... Now I spend way too much time and money on checking out gear and what not... guess I found my new hobby.

E

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TomsBackwoods View Post
    Shug made me do it! I watched a few of his vids and the next thing I know I woke up in a hammock in my back yard and my wallet was empty... : )
    Worst part is I dont think he was even trying hard! Thanks Shug! I have never felt better in the morning!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uttie09 View Post
    Needed a new hobby and passion after my arm gave out with baseball. Got into backpacking a bit and started thinking about Hammock camping after going on youtube and looking up the superior hiking trail. Found a video with an extremely passionate and funny dude talking about "whooooo buddy" and "shug shugity shug shug" stuff... decided to try it out... Now I spend way too much time and money on checking out gear and what not... guess I found my new hobby.

E
    I am humbled....glad ya'll found the fun. Whoooooooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 95 of 258 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast