Page 12 of 258 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Durring my planing for gearing up to do TL with my son this summer, I came across a Clark add in BP magazine. Thought this was a neat idea, as I have severely bad neck issues and always wake up cripled when sleeping on the ground(if you can call that sleeping). Well, I came across this site after looking into other hammocks to compare, and the rest is history! I drank the cool-aid by the gallon!
    Oh, and my first night out resulted in a real sleep with no back or neck pain

Hammock
    Eno Double Nest
    Insulation
    my 8 layers
    i've been camping all my life. about 10 years ago i complained about my back always hurting in the morning and a friend suggested getting a hammock for camping. so i did. but i never thought of sleeping in it. i would still sleep on the ground but take naps in the hammock. i always slept better in the hammock during my naps then on the ground, but never put 2 and 2 together. then when i was looking online for a newer hammock i came across justjeff's site and then this site. now i'll never sleep on the ground again.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Been a ground dweller for many years but would take my net hammock on canoeing trips to the Boundary Waters to relax in during the day. Then I would sleep overnight in it if the weather looked good (no tarp) and bugs weren't out. Was great!

Years went by and as I got older the ground got harder. Kept reading about these guys who would use camping hammocks in the Boundary Waters so I recently took the plunge and ordered a Warbonnet.

Should be hanging in a few weeks.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    30D Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Biner/Des Rings
    Images
    I just got tired of a sore back from sleeping on the ground.

Have you ever seen a 66 year old man with arthritic knees try to get up from the ground? Don't laugh, you all will be there someday. NUF SAID

Jerry (San Antonio)

Hammock
    hh,warbonnet
    Tarp
    mac cat,diy
    Insulation
    JRB,ix underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie,dutch clip

galiono island

i was in b.c. building a dock.the guy next door had me try his hh.flew back to fla.only to find the hh office was a mile away.i just could not bare the ground after that great nights sleep.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle/ WBBB
    Tarp
    3x4 rain fly
    Insulation
    Segmented pad/bag
    Suspension
    whoopi slings
    Images
    I guess to try another way. It looks cool too. I've camped in pop-ups, pup tents, no tents, big canvas wall tents, and tarps. Lot of being on the ground over the years. I'm thinking that I will have a lot more sites to chose from if I can hang from a tree. My Claytor JH should be here on the 16th, so I will find out for sure.

Hammock
    warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    sleeping bag, & TQ
    Suspension
    amsteel, treehuger
    Images
    I bought a 2 man tent last year. it works great but after poking around the internet i stumbled on hammock camping. I thought how great it would be for solo camping. i'm a short guy so i grabbed a good deal on a HH scout on ebay. now i'm thinking of selling the tent to get another hammock for my son. i think the biggest attraction to hanging is it's just cool!

Hammock
    Clark NA Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Camo XL
    Insulation
    Army poncho liner
    I saw the an inexpensive hammock at the store and thought, "Hey, there's an idea." Bought a used army poncho for a fly and off I went. When it started to wear out I found true camping hammocks and had to find more money.

I went out to S Manitou Island with my family. At the welcome and orientation meeting they said to set camp at "designated sites, only in the cleared site." I went and asked about my hammock after the oration was complete and was actually laughed at, he said I could set up practically anywhere I wanted. My father didn't think I'd make it for a night and brought an extra large tent. By the end of the weekend, he was useing my hammock, he's not yet convinced, but he's starting to warm to the idea.
    Last edited by gilla; 03-15-2009 at 21:19. Reason: added paragraph.
    I sleep in the trees.

Hammock
    DIY Speer type
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am picking up hammocking to try to downsize my gear. I have a two man tent which is fine if I am taking along company, but when it's just me I don't need the extra space uh hum weight. I thought about just carrying a tarp, but then thought "when have you slept comfortably on rocks and roots?" With that in mind I thought I would try to go the air route. I am in the research phase right now. Also, through the Southeastern Backpackers podcast I ran across Shug's tarp video, and his awesome video kind of fueled it even more. Great forum you all; I am slowly soaking it all in.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 258 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast