Page 202 of 258 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2579
    Hammock
    Hennessy Deluxe Asym
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    I've camped my whole life; when I was a kiddo we didn't call it backpacking we just called it the weekend. I've done everything from carrying heavy army pup tents to ultralight single wall shelters. When I left the military I began riding Adventure Motorcycles carrying a basic Eureka 1person tent. After going to a couple ADV MC gatherings I started to see all these strange people hanging from trees and was very intrigued. At many of our gatherings we meet in the backwoods of Monongahela Forest and I would roll in to see lines of these odd looking tree tents. One day I got in one of these strange contraptions. I came home the following Monday ordered a Hennessy and haven't looked back. Now as my hobby focus has shifted even more towards backpacking I've gone from hanging in my Hennessy Deluxe Explorer Asym to needing to understand insulation, decide on a lighter version etc. so I wandered into this forum. So long as there is a tree to hang from, I and my pup won't sleep on the ground.
    Last edited by Appy_ADD; 02-04-2016 at 11:04. Reason: my grammar is horrid

Hammock
    DIY WINTER HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    Diy Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch gear
    Images
    I think shug was a big influence on me!saw one of his vids him and hickory in the gorge and the rest was history!!!
    Its a good day to be out in the woods no matter the weather.Mist One..

Hammock
    Litho
    Tarp
    DIY 3x3 Tier Gear
    My sister bought me a hammock for an early Christmas present so we could go on a trip together over the 2015/2016 break. We did a bit of research and cobbled together some sleeping bags for insulation and made ourselves some tarps. We were very excited to find an online store right here in Tasmania so we could buy our supplies and get started right away. A couple of weeks before the trip, we took a drive to the coast and rated all the camping sites in order of suitability for hammocks. It was a successful trip, we managed alright with just a few kinks to iron out and now I'm researching more DIY options for hammock stands and UQ's.

Hammock
    Dutch 11
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    HG UQ Sleep Bag
    Suspension
    Eno Straps
    I bought my first hammock about 5 years ago. A ENO double nest thought it was the neatest thing I have ever seen. I have never used is as my camping sleep system till this year. I have taken up backpacking as s new hobbie this year and I knew I would not sleep good in a sleeping bag and air-pad so start watching hammock videos on youtube and was amazed at everything out there.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have always been into backpacking and followed sintax77 for a while. I saw he switched to a hammock and thought that was pretty cool. One of the recommended videos on his channel was shugs how to hammock videos and I watched them. Went and bought a $25 hammock from Walmart and it just blew up from there. I have had lots of learning from trial and error but I will never be a ground dweller again if I can avoid it.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    Housefly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got into hammock camping (recently) because I was tired of sleeping on the ground. Well, really because every time I would wake up from sleeping on the ground I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My back and body just couldn't take it anymore, I guess. I haven't been camping, other than in RVs and car camping with air mattresses and the whole works with my family, in years. Then, my friend introduced me to hammock camping and it changed everything for me. I was able to get back out in the woods overnight again and actually enjoy it!

Hammock
    DIY 11'x6' gathered end
    Tarp
    Eno profly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Been a camper all my life, provincial parks, crown land, back woods, where ever I could go. Once a year I would go on a guys trip and they were all getting into hammocks. I resisted for a time, mostly because I had enough camping gear to outfit a dozen people already, who needs more?!

But the simplicity of the hammock is what really caught my attention, (and a little peer pressure too). Started out with a diy gathered end that I hung in my backyard for my initiation. It was a -2c (29f) night with no tarp (no rain in forcast) with a full moon. Diy Reflectix pad with a down mummy bag for TQ made for a decent nights sleep.

I was converted.

I have since made a winter tarp out of a rain fly from tent and started making/aquiring cook kit, and gear suggested by my buddies. Will be doing my first hike and hang in March, have to dial in my gear before then.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO
    Insulation
    Thermarest Z pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Woke up every morning with back pain, no matter what pad I tried, after tenting. tried a hammock, no pain. I'm hooked!

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    SLD 4 Season
    Insulation
    EE UQ and EE TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    A few years back I bought a Crazy Creek hammock for BWCA trips - just as a relaxation tool. Every chance I got I slept outside in the Crazy Creek. During that time I thought it would be possible to commit to hammock camping full time - all the while I was oblivious to this site. Currently I have updated my gear and plan to leave my tents at home until further notice.

My son is in Boyscouts and I go on many of his camping trips. With a bad back and an old hip injury, sleeping on the ground sleeping has been unbearable. I had escalated my efforts for comfort to a cot, 4" pad and egg crate foam topper. It still wasn't enough.

I bought a Yukon mosquito net hammock from Woot a few months back and had my husband make me a turtledog stand for one of the indoor sleepover events for the Troop. You'll never see me on the ground again! I never dreamed it would be so comfortable.

I took a little class on hammock camping at a BSA training event and the instructor recommended this site and Derek Hansen's book "The Ultimate Hang". Now I'm devouring all of the information on these forums and getting myself ready for my first outdoor hang in March.

• + New Posts
  • Page 202 of 258 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast