Page 80 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

I saw Shug's videos on You Tube

I was recoverying from an injury sitting on the couch and trying to find something entertaining on you Tube and I stumbled upon Shug's videos.

Shug is very entertaining, I watched all of his videos and became intrigued with sleeping in a hammock.

I bought a hammock and took it with me on a two week streetbike ride. I used the hammock every night except one and the tent I was carrying never was used. The first couple of nights my friends were having a good time making fun of me and the hammock but after they tried it for awhile they suddenly became interested and started asking questions.

I'm hooked on hammocks.

Lots of great information on this forum!!!

I'm looking forward to get set up for rain and be comfortable in the colder weather.

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    About 10 or 12 years ago, a friend was trying to get me to try one of these new "hennessy" hammocks, I had no interest as I wondered what to do when there is a lack of trees. More recently, I realized I don't camp where there are no trees. I also incorrectly assumed one was bent in half in a hammock. I was wrong on both accounts.
    After buying and using hammocks, I no longer think of it as a apple/orange comparison, it's more of a apple/turd comparison.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JTXR View Post
    I was recoverying from an injury sitting on the couch and trying to find something entertaining on you Tube and I stumbled upon Shug's videos.

Shug is very entertaining, I watched all of his videos and became intrigued with sleeping in a hammock.

I bought a hammock and took it with me on a two week streetbike ride. I used the hammock every night except one and the tent I was carrying never was used. The first couple of nights my friends were having a good time making fun of me and the hammock but after they tried it for awhile they suddenly became interested and started asking questions.

I'm hooked on hammocks.

Lots of great information on this forum!!!

I'm looking forward to get set up for rain and be comfortable in the colder weather.
    Sucked in another.......Whooooo Buddy. Glad your having fun in comfort.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Shug,

Your videos are a great source of info and you are a very entertaining to watch too. I love your " slow motion" marlin spike, it makes me chuckle when I see it.

Thanks for "sucking me in" . I have been having fun getting my hammock set up.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JTXR View Post
    Shug,

Your videos are a great source of info and you are a very entertaining to watch too. I love your " slow motion" marlin spike, it makes me chuckle when I see it.

Thanks for "sucking me in" . I have been having fun getting my hammock set up.

Jeff
    There's just something contagious about watching someone who is obviously enjoying what they do.

I have yet to see anyone as enthusiastic about sleeping on the ground.

I especially like the bloopers at the end of the videos.

Hammock
    diy with ridgeline and footbox
    Tarp
    quechua and diy
    Insulation
    UQ diy
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images

new hanger

i have a hammock for a longtime already in my garden. those heavy duty ones. i have been wintercamping for a few years now going quite basic. it never crossed my mind to sleep in a hammock all night, i just did on sunny afternoons... when searching the net for interestining winter setups for tarps you easily cross some hammocks. i just got my DD frontline and have a week planned in novermber and one in jan/feb. i'll let you know...

Hammock
    Eno DN
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey guys, my name is Jason and I'm new to hammock forums so I thought I'd throw in my two cents:

My girlfriend bought me a Grand Trunk Ultra lite hammock for Christmas last year. I'd already invested money in a good tent, and didn't even consider the hammock as a viable option for a backpacking shelter, thought I figured I'd bring it along for lounging around the campsite. A couple of months ago I went on an overnight with some friends, one of which couldn't find a suitable site for his tent, so I let him sleep in mine, and spent my first night in a hammock. I fell asleep staring up at the stars, and woke up feeling better than I've ever felt waking up from sleeping in a tent.

And like THAT - I was a convert. I'd also like to thank you all for the wealth of information provided by this forum. I've got a doublenest now, and some whoopie slings and a Jarbridge on the way. Thanks HammockForum!!!!!!!!!

shug-a-tized !!! when i was a younger lad i backpacked a lot,but a spinal fusion put an end to that. i stumbled on to shugs vid's and hammock forums and it got to thinking that this hammock thing might work for me, so let the testing begin baby!

i hope someone is keeping a log of how many people got shug-a-tized, and add me to it because the shugs vid's is what got me hangin

capt_enduro
    For me, it all started when I won one of those cheap net hammocks nine years ago at our district scout banquet. Our troop spends a week every summer in the North Georgia mountains camping in canvas platform tents. The hammock fit perfectly tied diagonally across the steel tent frame. Last year some of our folks started showing up with Eagle’s Nest hammocks and I had the chance to try those out – Much more comfortable, without the waffle pattern! Still not practical tent replacement without a lot of modification (bug screen, fly). I bought a Hennessy Expedition in June and have spent about 10 nights in it so far. Probably the most comfortable thing I’ve ever slept in. I motorcycle camp and backpack. I find that the Expedition weights about the same as my REI Halfdome, but takes up less room in the pack / panniers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 80 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast