ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanN View Post
    I saw the natural hammock things on Avatar. I thought it would be rather cozy to sleep like that so I started looking up enclosed hammocks. I like to camp anyway so when I saw this YouTube series about a guy camping in -17 degree weather? Well, woooo buddy!!I was hooked
    Welcome.Do you have any links to the hammocks you speak so fondly of?Names will also work.I feel good search karma kicking in.
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    I love the freedom of being able to throw up camp wherever I can find two trees within the right distance instead of needing to find an open space to throw up a tent. The portability is also amazing! (No massive tent to try to cram in my backpack makes it much easier to pack.)

Also, YouTubers have made me that much more interested in hammock camping, as well as hiking in general.

Hangarang
    I have been a boyscout for about 3 years and a couple guys from my troop started hammocking so i thought it would be fun so i started and its been great so far.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Was looking for a way to save weight, but found it to be more efficient and much more comfortable than my tent. You can set up camp just about anywhere!!!!

Hammock
    DH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Toggles
    My Dad got me into hammocking instead of tenting. When I was younger, that was the preferred method of shelter for any camping trips we did. I remember going camping with some friends, and there not being any trees around. I was thinking, what the heck? I have to sleep on the gound? :Shudder:

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_a_blank View Post
    My Dad got me into hammocking instead of tenting. When I was younger, that was the preferred method of shelter for any camping trips we did. I remember going camping with some friends, and there not being any trees around. I was thinking, what the heck? I have to sleep on the gound? :Shudder:
    My Dad got me into hammock camping as well. I tented for most of my life until he bought a Hennessy and gave it to me when he didn't need it. Now I sleep amazing when I camp! And now I addicted to making them as well!
    My head is an animal

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Tarp
    HH Deluxe 12x10
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Continuous Strap
    A rock, about the size of my fist and right next to it was about 9 billion more and all had their pointed sides up. Sad part was I was bivi sacking and the whole world was full of trees!

Hammock
    Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    Closed Cell Foam
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Nickerson SP, Cape Cod

I was car camping with the family when two dudes blew into a nearby campsite and thru up a couple of hammocks. I thought right then and there "How cool is that. Maybe it's time to start backpacking again". I went home and found "Just Jeff's" site in a google search and then landed on the "Forum". After about a 20 year hiatus from backpacking I'm clawing my way back into the field. Starting from scratch in terms of gear (X2-for son). I had none of my old gear, nada. Two Claytor JH, a couple of Kelty Down bags and some CCF and we were gone.

Hammock
    DIY Single layer Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/ Whoopie
    I have been Hiking and camping for many years and always a ground dweller But at 46 I now seem to wake up and my knees hurt, my bones hurt, my back hurts etc. Hammock forums has been a blessing and a wealth of information. Allot of new terminology to take in going on my first group hang Today wish me luck. LOL I will be the one with the shiny new gear LOL

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 w/net,Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY D&Syn TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    CinchB & WS,Dutch

Why you hang

I've used Tents, Tarps,Bivies and have been camping since i was a kid..I remember when hennessy hammocks came out but i never considered hammocks as a Camping Shelter..Until I watched SHUG'S VIDEOS!! I bet a good many of you all were Converts after the Shug series came out-Thanks Shug for the Humor and putting forth Hammocks as a REAL Alternative to ground camping!

• + New Posts
  • Page 148 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast