Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    We done made friends ain't we??? Cool how that all happened.

Wow .... really? That is terrific.
    I need to do a cooking vid ....... Tin Pot Tastings!
    Good going Gadget.
    Shug
    Actually Shug if you do a cooking vid i think you should call it "Ginger Spice".
    BTW i'm a ginger too.
    bill
    Last edited by mbiraman; 12-15-2009 at 19:40.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WB Traveller or my DIY gathered-end
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10
    Insulation
    Pads, usually
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    <snip>
    I got my hammock in early October and spent several nights in it while sleeping OK, but not soundly. I was worried maybe I wasted my money since the "quality" of sleep didn't improve that much (although I wasn't sore). However, I finally got it out onto the trail a couple of weekends ago and after hiking 9 miles and being absolutely exhausted, I crashed early and slept 13 straight hours!! When I woke up, I wasn't sore at all and went bounding off down the trail. So now I know I will never be looking back.
    Now that's just inspirational!! Welcome to the hanging world!

Hammock
    &quot;Sherman&quot; dyi DL digital camo
    Tarp
    dyi 12x12
    Insulation
    dyi tc ccf
    Suspension
    7/64 amstell blue
    I started hammock camping 12 years ago. I found myself miserable sleeping on the ground on my first annual roughing it trip in the thumb of michigan in september. The next year my best friend and i brain stormed the best way to sleep in the woods he brought a army cot and i brought a 10 dollar net hammock from wal-mart. My hammock had no spreader bars so i toke dead sticks and made them. Worked great. His cot was heavy and bulky. The next year we both had hammocks!

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top &amp; U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I started hammock camping as a lifeguard for a summer camp. We would take several of the older groups on week long adventure camps several times during the summer (hiking, canoeing, rafting). Being a poor college student, I bought a $5 net hammock w/spreader bars from Wal-Mart and used some utility cord as a ridge line with a piece of clear plastic thrown over it for a tarp. I would take a light blanket and lay it on the hammock and get in the hammock and pull the blanket over me for a UQ/TQ. I think my entire rig cost $15 at the most. After the first trip I was hooked on hammock camping.

WOW, I just realized that was more that 15 years ago.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hair bear
    Merry Christmas - guilty of lurking syndrone. I am a gear aholic which supports my quest for light weight backpacking, I was reading Corbridge book " Boomers guide to light weight backpacking " At that time she was using a clark northamercian hammock in the Trinity alps, she now using a WBB, and I was getting tired of crawling in and out fo my solo tent, what a pain when you have to hit the trail and its raining. I ordered the a clark noth amercian, And after the learning curve of getting the hang, being prepaired, your pay offs are wonderful wilderness snoozes - I am sleeping past sunrise, good bye tents , I never got wet under the clark fly but nervious I did. So started started research for a larger fly - it started a Just jeffs, then to hammock forums, where I came down with lurking syndone reading the forum, the more research I did I was focusing on the Warbonnet super fly, than the blackbrid, than shugs youtubes, and finially - To Santa two items A warbonnet super fly and blackbrid hammock 1.7 double with ajustable webbing straps. I am not home for christmas at work for the week, But I am pretty sure Santa got my letter - my son called this morning and asked me what a warbonnet was. I see some new adventures of hanging out in the serrias, and my son hanging out in the clark. Good times.

I have been searching for the perfect good night sleep. After spending a great deal of money on pads and tents I tried the hammock and found relief. I spent the night one time in a shelter with a 20 year old girl who only slept on a small piece of tyvek and she even snored half the night while I tossed and turned on a 1 inch closed cellpad. You can't beat youth.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Quilts &amp; Pad
    Suspension
    Whoppie slings
    Images
    I greatly enjoy being out in the woods. But even the 2.5 inch BA pad was not enough to protect my bony hips (I'm a side sleeper). Couldn't hardly wait for morning so I could crawl out of the tent. By the third night I was dreading even laying down. Saw someone with a Hennesy late last summer and after talking with him for a while decided to give it a try. It is not any lighter than my little solo tent, BA and bag, but I anticipate that the sleeping issue will be resolved.

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    OES MC D
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Okay, so I've been in the Navy for almost six years now and am on the USS George Washington. On our cruise from Norfolk, VA to Japan, off the coast of Chile, we had a catastrophic fire. Nobody was hurt, but we had major electrical and general damage. Nearly the entire aft end had no power. So, we had to make an emergency stop in San Diego for 3 months. During this time I, as luck as I am, had no berthing or shop due to power outages. The option given to us who were without a bed was to hotrack with people in other departments. I didn't like that idea, so being an electrician, we rigged power to our shop and I bought a hammock to sleep in. I slept in that cheap brazilian parachute hammock for 3 straight months. I fell in love. I didn't want to go back to my rack. The rest is history. I've always been a backpacker. I did some research and learned the hammock I had was an asymetrical one and when I searched that, of course Hennessy came up. It was an easy choice.

Hammock
    1.1 single Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly, The Edge
    Insulation
    Black Mamba
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    started hammocking last year. beats laying on the cold cold ground.

Hammock
    2010 DD Hammock
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    thermo ether 6
    Suspension
    SMC Rings/25mmPoly
    Images
    Hello from Ballina Australia. I was looking at shugs vids on utube and found there were heaps more vids on different hammocks. The first hammock came from Thailand a DD rip off which was rubbish, kept the tarp though. Then i made my own hammock a DD knock off still rubbish(turned out a bit small for me) but it works fine in the heavy summer rain and keeps you cool. My young fella loves it so its his now. Condensation is a problem (not from breathing)on the tarps inner lining high humidity I guess. When the sun comes out its real bad, get the towel ready lol. Next hammock the Real DD and a Claytor . Too lazy to make another one, blasphemy I know :0 MMM Clark North American knock offarrghhhhh
    Last edited by alienjeff650; 12-29-2009 at 18:02.
    Jeff's Touring Gear
    http://jeffstouringgear.com.au/ for light weight touring and camping gear for your next adventure in Australia [email protected] 02-66815651

• + New Posts
  • Page 34 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast