Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* UQ, 20* TQ
    Suspension
    WS + Whoopie Hooks
    My buddy Tracey told me to watch Shug's videos because he found him entertaining and informative. Soon I had watched all of them and not long after that I got my Blackbird and Superfly. Shug may play down his influence, but if Hammock Forums were the Catholic church, Shug would be a SAINT (probably the Apostle Paul).

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images

well

I actually was at a restaurant and me and the waiter got in to a discussion about kayaking and he was telling me about how he'd pull his hammock out and take a nap . i thought **** what a fabulous idea.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Deer View Post
    My buddy Tracey told me to watch Shug's videos because he found him entertaining and informative. Soon I had watched all of them and not long after that I got my Blackbird and Superfly. Shug may play down his influence, but if Hammock Forums were the Catholic church, Shug would be a SAINT (probably the Apostle Paul).
    Well my Mom told me that was anything but saintly)))))))
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Just got the ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Working on it
    Suspension
    DYI
    Hi All,
    I have been camping most of my life with family, and the Boy Scouts but I have always been a ground camper in a tent. I never slept in a hammock overnight only a small nap in an old rope style hammock. My dad told me about this guy on YouTube named Shugemery, so I started watching his amazing channel and started to get hooked. Anyway, I just got my first ENO double nest hammock for Christmas this week and hung up some brackets in my basement to start to get the hang of it. I am still trying to get my sweet spot and have not been able to make it all night yet, but once I get it all figured out I will be heading out to some of the outdoor venues in my area down here in South Carolina, and I hope to the Linville Gorge area soon.
    Thanks Shug for helping me understand the things I need to do to get in the “hang”

MrRazor

I'm not a hanger, but i'm a hang seller, maybe under the different national background, I find people here is not quite familiar with the hammock,let alone use it. so I prefer to come here to talk with you guys about the hanging stuff.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I got started about three months ago. a group of friends said you gotta try this its better than crack.

I got myself a Kmart outdoor Taffeta hammock, Eno bug net, Equanox tarp and started hanging. I bought my daughter an HH cub from the "for sale" section her (thanks again) she's ready to go. and I just got a WBBB from santa. now im ready for Buck Lake.

Hammock
    HH expedition asym wih zipper
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG -15F TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I've been camping since 20 years (now turning 33) in the backwoods of northern Quebec and started winter camping with friends 15 years ago. I always carried to much stuff for my trips (almost 80-90 pounds in my pulk). I looked a lot at what could be changed for lighter stuff and found the hammock forum and like a lot of people here the shug's youtube page... And Eureka! I took a lot of information on his videos (I've looked at all of them!) and realised that the first thing to throw in the garage was my bulky MEC North Wind winter tent. And now, I'm looking for lighter stuff to carry them on my back again! But without the previous pain I felt before. That's it for my light story! ;P

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by siik View Post
    I've been camping since 20 years (now turning 33) in the backwoods of northern Quebec and started winter camping with friends 15 years ago. I always carried to much stuff for my trips (almost 80-90 pounds in my pulk). I looked a lot at what could be changed for lighter stuff and found the hammock forum and like a lot of people here the shug's youtube page... And Eureka! I took a lot of information on his videos (I've looked at all of them!) and realised that the first thing to throw in the garage was my bulky MEC North Wind winter tent. And now, I'm looking for lighter stuff to carry them on my back again! But without the previous pain I felt before. That's it for my light story! ;P
    Salut! My daughter goes to school in Quebec and so loves it. She is fluent in Quebecois. Loves poutine.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 / ENO Single
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    When I was a kid I saw an old military hammock in the army surplus store. It was the coolest thing in the world, but the was no money for such things. I slept in borrowed tents or under the truck tailgate until I got a tent for my 15th birthday.

I was young then and slept right on the ground, no problem. A little older and I moved to a foam pad. In my 30's an air mattress but I was never really comfortable. One day not so long ago I remembered the old army hammock and looked for one online. Instead I found an ENO. I bought one and spent the night in it. Wow! No aches, pain, or stiffness. I just got an NX-250 for Christmas. Life is good above the ground and I'm never sleeping on the floor again.

Hammock
    DIY, Dangerbird, Night Owl, Eno Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY and cuban
    Insulation
    HG and DIY
    Suspension
    whoopie and dutch
    Images
    I started from a fellow camper last summer. The woman in the campsite next to me at Afton State Park was hanging, so we got to talking and now I'm hooked! Just have to see how my four-legged friend will do in the hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 91 of 258 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast