ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Snugpak 10x10
    Insulation
    Cheapo foam mat
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopies
    Images
    High and dry and no back pain. Sleeping pads and air mattresses weren't helping.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' NylonD
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    The older I get, the less and less my back likes sleeping on the ground...stumbled upon one of the "Ultimate Hang" pages whilst trying to build a wood-gas stove...Read almost every entry...then started watching Shug's videos...bought my first hammock a couple of months ago. After the first night, I was hooked!

Hammock
    DD Frontline Hammock
    Tarp
    DD 3m x 3m
    Insulation
    Mummy bag and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I actually can't remember why I bought a hammock - it must have been a senior moment!

Hammock
    Hennessey Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessey Typhoon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow 0
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Hello all! I'm new here but have been on this site many times because it seems as though if there is a hammock question to be asked you have the answers! So to start, Thank you for making my hammock experiences easier! I started hanging a few years ago. It all started at a music festival, the grounds were covered with blankets and the best seats (so I thought) were taken. I was captivated by one of the little shops when I saw bright colors of hanging fabric. That stand was selling ENO hammocks and it was an easy sale once my butt was in one. I took my new hammock and set up across two trees with the river flowing beneath me and a perfect view of the stage. After that I read into camping in a hammock and the journey has gone from there.

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters Double Hammock
    Tarp
    to be determined
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    open to suggestion
    Officially new to hanging. Went camping with a friend and took a quick nap in his Hennessy and i was hooked. Bought a little entry level hammock the next day as soon as my phone had service. Totally stoked to see where this will end up taking me, already working on planning a trip into the Grand Canyon for a hang. Love the simplicity of it all

Hammock
    Diy 12'
    Tarp
    Diy Silpoly
    Insulation
    Diy Down
    Suspension
    Diy Whoopie
    Turning 50 and not wanting a sore back.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UQ Winterdream 11'
    Insulation
    UQ underq Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling.
    Hi. Just joined as I was referred to this site since I'm in the process of shopping for my first camping hammock. I slept in an open hammock last year while camping at Agawa Bay. My sister and I were camping for a few days and the tent she brought leaked Bradley on the first night when it rained. The next night was clear so I decided to go to sleep in my camp hammock. It was great laying out under the stars. The view was amazing and I was more comfortable than being flat on the ground. Only trouble was I woke in the morning with a very cold bottom and then it began to rain so I had to flee the hammock. Now I'm looking for a hammock set-up. Looking at Jacks r Better BMBH as a strong possibility. Just disappointed that they only come in black. I don't subscribe to camp -I like colour.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    the Edge
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Trees View Post
    I've always been searching for the smallest, lightest-weight tent/shelter when backpacking. (Most of the weight of a ground tent is the poles.)
    Plus....
    Tired of trying to find flat ground to pitch a tent,
    tired of clearing away rocks and sticks only to sleep on the hard, uneven ground,
    tired of having to carry a foam sleeping pad,
    tired of rain water seeping into the bottom of the tent due to poorly seam sealed floor, then having to wipe the muddy bottom of the tent before packing up ...

Then, I found the Hennessy Hammock website and the rest is history.
    I totally agree. I was so sick of sleeping on roots and rocks and having all my gear get soaking wet inside a tent. I just purchased my hammock and look forward to breaking it in this summer.

Hammock
    Dream Darien
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'm not a hanger yet but I will be soon. My journey to become a hanger has been a progression which started about a year ago. It all started with wanting to know how to properly tie knots. i got on youtube looking for anything that i could find about knots. As i was looking for knot videos I stumbled across people setting up ground tarps with ridge lines. I found that interesting so I started looking for videos for setting up tarps and practicing setting them up. That led to videos about hiking, bushcraft, and camping. One of the first hiking videos that i remember seeing was from sintax77. He was hiking in the smokies and when he camped at night instead of using a tent he used a hammock. I thought that was so cool. Back in the beginning whenever i was just starting out i wasn't ready to go that far yet. I had to do it as cheaply as i could. I ended up getting a 3 man tent for 24.99 at academy. It's a great tent but it is heavy. It's not bad whenever my son comes with me and not really too bad by myself but i decided that i needed something lighter. I started looking at one man tents but some are really too small and a good one can be two- three hundred dollars. Then i remembered about the hammocks. If i am going to spend that kind of money on a tent then why not check out hammocks. I figured i could get a cheap tarp and hammock and have something light that i could use whenever i go by myself. After doing research about hammocks i figured that i might as well get something that i will be comfortable in and will last. I don't want to spend money on a cheap hammock and then more money down the road on another better hammock. I decided on the bb xlc with the superfly. It hasn't been ordered yet but it will be in a week or two.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I grew up camping occasionally and was always a bit frustrated with tents. It was hard to find a decent spot to pitch it half the time and I never slept well. One day, maybe 15 years ago or so, a camping buddy heard about hammocks. Hennessy had just started becoming popular and we all bought a hammock from them. That seemed to work much better, though I wasn't fully prepared. I neglected the pad or UQ so I felt a bit unimpressed, though it was more comfortable than laying on the ground. After that, my life took a turn and I didn't do any camping for a long time. Now in the last couple of years my life has taken another turn and now I have more free time to get back outdoors where I'm happiest. I recently purchased a WBBB and will be doing more hiking and camping trips.

• + New Posts
  • Page 184 of 258 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast