DIY
    Tarp
    DIY (finally done)
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I was talking to a staff member at REI and he couldn't stop raving about how awesome hammock camping was. I figured I would research the topic a little so I went home and searched on you tube for 'hammock camping'. Thats where I first saw Shug. He got my interest and kept it (P.S. awesome videos Shug). I just moved on to HF and can't wait to learn so much more!!

Images
    i am new as well. and happend by jeff's site. after reading over and over again i thought hey i could make one of those. so the search began for material. the only problem is that without walmart selling the stuff anymore. i cant seem to find it cheap enough for me to make my own. its almost just as easy for me to buy a hennessy. so i came here to learn the secrets and hopfully learn where to get the material cheaper.

thanks in advance
    matt

Hammock
    WB Blackbird SL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    Had a Hennessy hammock several years ago but went back to the ground because I got a dog as a hiking partner.
    At the time Boomer wasn't carry his own pack. But once I got him a pack I realized a small tarp like a TarpPoncho and a custom bug net was something he could carry for his own shelter.
    So I'm back to the much more comfortable hammock shelter/sleep system.

Hammock
    1.1 SL BB or 1.1 SL Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat dlx & std
    Insulation
    down UQs
    Suspension
    Whoopie+DB+hugger
    Images
    I got into hammock camping through friends in the Arizona Backpacking Club. After checking out different setups, I just couldn't let everyone else have all of the fun! Now, I can't imagine how I slept in my old bivy for so long!

Images
    it was either hammocking or getting married again. i figured a hammock can support me, keep me warm and hug me all night.
    but i can stuff it in a sack in the morn

Hammock
    HH with 2Q/ZQ Mod 4
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    Quilt/pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Sleeping on the ground has gotten harder for me over the years, even with Exped inflatable mattresses. They are much better for me than pads, but I would still wake up many times through the night. I came across someone hammock hanging while on a kayak trip in TX a few years ago. Then a couple years ago I ran across someone on the AT hanging in 20 degree lows and talked to him. He had a DIY setup and told me his tricks to keeping warm. I decided to try it out and bought a HH. The first night I tried it I only woke up once and slept to 8:30 am. I was hooked.

I came across Hammock Forums last fall and have learned a lot from everyone.

Thanks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Ah, hammocks. I switched over to a Blackbird/Superfly setup after too many mornings where I could hardly move to get up off the ground after sleeping in a tent. I got tired of having to forego gorgeous sites due to uneven ground. I grew impatient with condensation.

I know this post reads like one big hatemail letter to tenting; I have a special place in my heart for my Moment (Henry Shires) but MAN do I love my hammock.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    not sure yet
    Hi everyone,, I'm very new to this hammock thing,, I haven't got my wbbb yet but i cant wait,,, I love the outdoors but sick and tired of waking up with hip and neck pains,
    Now, i hear that sleeping in a hammock is a lot more comfortable and i don't want to stop hiking and camping so I'm going to try this and hope it works for me,, Not to mention all the videos on you tube (which I'm very grateful for) thanks everyone,,
    I was able to learn a lot from them,, including knots

Talking Love hammocking

In Texas, if you think you're going to camp in June, July, AUgust and September, best have a hammock! I sweated myself to sleep too many times and decided to get one after reading about them in the old Trailplace website. I never went back to tents after that. I use a Speer hammock, and I use a underquilt when it's cold out and I use my old peapod over the top of me when it'a really cold.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    not sure yet
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    In Texas, if you think you're going to camp in June, July, AUgust and September, best have a hammock! I sweated myself to sleep too many times and decided to get one after reading about them in the old Trailplace website. I never went back to tents after that. I use a Speer hammock, and I use a underquilt when it's cold out and I use my old peapod over the top of me when it'a really cold.
    yeah!!!! i hear ya man,,, tired of the tent thing cant wait to be a true hanger,, does it really keep you cooler in the summer? or is really the same

• + New Posts
  • Page 45 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast