Page 52 of 258 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    A friend of mine brought a Hennessy out camping. After I spent five minutes in it, I went and bought my own ~ best sleep I ever had. I now also have an Eno which is going to be strung up in my bedroom. Bye-bye bed!!
    Debi

Hammock
    Dutchware PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY or AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Web/Whoopie
    "how/when/why you first decided to give hammocks a try?"

Hangin' noob here... I was on a week long trip to Texas this July... laying on the ground in my backpacking tent... sweating like a polar bear and thinking 'there's got to be a better way.'

Bought my hammock not long after returning from that trip and I've been out hangin' a couple of times now. I've got at least 5 trips between now and the end of the year. Sleeping in a hammock is a joy compared to a tent.

JW

Hammock
    DIY Lazy Ryvr Bridge, Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Hard Rock Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Karo UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images

Hi all

Hi all
    first post thought this was a great place to intorduce myself and tell why I became a hanger.

about 10 weeks ago I broke my tailbone, in a tragic, albiet awesome paintball manuever. With my annual canoe trip to algonquin park looming on the horizon, I started to become concerned that my bum would not be able to take both the strain of canoeing all day and sitting/lying on the hard ground at nights.

So I started to look online at aternatives to this. When I first saw various hammocks come up in the search results, I never would have guessed that whole sleeping systems had been developed around them. Well one thing snowballed into another and I soon found myself debating between several brands of Hammock systems.

I have decided to go with an ENO Double Nest Onelink, only becuase I didnt see the War Bonnet stuff till after I had already purchased the ENO.

my brother has gotten me into it, we go on a yearly camping outing, 4 brothers in the woods. We all live in different parts of the country so our yearly retreat is a real treat. Anyways the eldest got into the hammock thing and last year he was the only one of us suspended, he was bound and determined to get us all in the air this year. Just got my hammock this week and am anxious to try it out this weekend. I ride my Harley in the Blue Ridge Mountains a lot and need to have a small setup for overnight trips, the hammock really fits the bill, looking forward to our trip in Tennessee this year.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Fl Jacket
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I'm a brand new hanger at 39. A few years ago I went tent camping for the first time in many years and found that I could not stay on the ground the whole night because I was in such back pain. I thought I had to give up overnight camping. Then I heard about Hennessey hammocks, probably on White Blaze, and read about all the people with chronic pain who could still hammock. I think I actually jumped in the air. So now I can backpack into my old age!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    Stumbling across Shug's youtube videos

How - Soul Catcher Double Hammock

When - Canoe Trips

Why - Shug make's it look too good to pass up! And actually Turk's videos with the packrafts were very inspiring.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Stumbling across Shug's youtube videos

How - Soul Catcher Double Hammock

When - Canoe Trips

Why - Shug make's it look too good to pass up! And actually Turk's videos with the packrafts were very inspiring.
    Shug says terrific!!!!!! ....Shug says.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl. & hk2001
    Tarp
    MLD cuben, WB Edge
    Insulation
    yeti, crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies, bulltape
    I was in Cheyenne, WY for the rodeo in '06. We were walking around town and went into an outfitter that was real nice, he told us some cool places to go, and I saw this Enos doublenest on sale and bought it I thought as a souvenir. On night under the stars out west and I was hooked.

I've spent many nights in that hammock since, only once with a fly. I've since bought a single lightweight that my kids use when we go. Going this weekend with my daughter if the hurricane cooperates..

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    BWDD WD
    Insulation
    KAQ TQ/DIY KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    AHE CB/WEBBING
    I am still very much a newbie! I'm still learning the gear lingo, but I'm catching on. This spring I was invited to a hang cookout with my roommate that was being held at Natchez Trace here in TN, and bigbamaguy put me in my first hammock, I was wondering why everyone was standing around me with anticipation of my first reaction. After the initial sighs of sheer comfort, and a child like smile I was hooked, I have since put my brother in one with the same "first steps" anticipation. I have been twice since then, and I am very much looking forward to a whole lot more of them!!!

Hammock
    HH ULB, ENO
    Tarp
    DIY, ENO Dryfly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Do to spending most of my time in Linville Gorge, NC I can get off trail and explore all the nooks and cranny's. It's hard to find a flat spot down in that hole in the earth. Plus there is nothing like swinging from the trees.

• + New Posts
  • Page 52 of 258 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast