ENO Single
    Tarp
    HammockGear CF
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie's

20deg Incubator and 40deg Burrow Review

Wanted to write a little review, albeit overdue, of my Incubator/Burrow purchase and recent hikes on the Foothills Trail and AT.

I had been using a pad and sleeping bag with my hammock, but had been debating quilts. When I heard about the HG Labor Day sale I PM'd Stormcrow on here and also sent an e-mail asking some opinion on degree rating and overfill. Didn't get a response to either so I sent another e-mail on Labor Day. Still no response so I went ahead with my order to take advantage of the sale. I ordered a 20deg Incubator with overfill and a 40deg Burrow with overfill.

When I placed the order and when checking the status, I did comment that my next trip wasn't until mid-Oct. And it took a full 4 weeks for my order to arrive, which made me a little nervous as it was cutting it close for me to check the new gear before my first trip. I might add that I did notice someone post here about placing an order after mine and receiving it before mine. But okay, I set an expectation of when I had to have the order and I did receive it just time.

On the trail, they were great! For the FHT in Oct, temps were in the 40's at night with somewhat strong winds on 2 nights. On the AT in Jan, temps were in the 20's at night with strong winds 1 night. I slept so good and stayed perfectly warm every night. The 20deg/40deg combination is working well for me. Using the quilts was so much better than my pad and sleeping bag. I can't imaging hanging again without my quilts.

Quality of the quilts is absolutely great. The suspension on the Incubator worked great and I didn't have any issues getting it adjusted.

Overall, I'm very happy. Despite never hearing back on my initial e-mails and PM, I did get responses to my order status inquiries.

Tighe

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    Tighe, I don't represent their products, but I use them. Of course we expect response to email, pm's, etc. On the other hand, did you try the US Mail. Used to be the gold standard...

Like me, you've found their products good. If your'e warm, you're good. I'll promise you about Adam and Jenny that if they didn't respond, it was a mistake. and if you slept warm, it wasn't.

These are two good people.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Tighe, I don't represent their products, but I use them. Of course we expect response to email, pm's, etc. On the other hand, did you try the US Mail. Used to be the gold standard...

Like me, you've found their products good. If your'e warm, you're good. I'll promise you about Adam and Jenny that if they didn't respond, it was a mistake. and if you slept warm, it wasn't.

These are two good people.
    what he said.........plus 1

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I haven't ordered from every cottage vendor available, but have from quite a few. The details of the HammockGear stuff is the best I've seen. Great gear at reasonable prices!
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    ENO Single
    Tarp
    HammockGear CF
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Oh, I slept warm! I'm happy with the quilts and as recently as last week spoke highly of them to a friend who's currently shopping.

Just seems to me that electronic correspondence is sometimes spotty. Maybe that's just my experience as I see plenty of people who have had different experiences.

Then again, my luck does run this way. If it's going to rain, it'll be the days I'm outside.

Tighe

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I've got the same combo of quilts on order and can't wait to get them! Think it should be a great system for me!
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

• + New Posts