Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Sorry, jumped right back into work when I got home, so haven't had the time to post up a report until now.

Once again, what an awesome time! It seems like so long ago that I first made the drive down to my first hang ever, and met all the fine folk that keep coming back to the Jersey Winter Hang. And like others have said, it's awesome to see that every year we get new faces - and of course the old folks that keep coming back for more.

This year was a cold one - I clocked a low of 3˚ on my thermometer both nights. Saturday I'm not sure it ever broke 30˚ during the day - the whole weekend was cold enough that your waterbottle froze shortly after filling. We only lost a few folks to the weather - a couple people bailed in the middle of the night because it was too cold for their gear. Sad to lose them, but better that than have them be miserable or get into a bad situation.

Chatting with old friends was great - but so was meeting some of the new stock of adventurous folk willing to brave the cold. One of the new attendees, camp43, was set up near me. He spent a chilly first night with his new UQ. Dylan and I helped him get it dialed in the next morning - must have done the trick, because he tried it out Saturday afternoon and ended up sleeping for 3+ hours! Many others lent a hand making sure everyone had a good time and stayed warm - the overall camaraderie every year at this hang is just one of many reasons I keep coming back.

The food Saturday was awesome, as usual. The raffle was great as well, with goodies from Dutch, and stuff donated from Grand Trunk (used the GT Travel Pillow I won Saturday night and it was mighty comfy). We should remember to hit up their facebook page and thank them for the cool toys! The rest of the night was spent hanging by the fire or wandering around, and when I turned in at 2, I slept nice and warm.

Sunday was the usual. Pack up, say goodbye as one by one everyone headed out. Eventually I too had to head back to the real world. Now we just have another 350-something days to wait till next year.

From start to finish, it was another great hang. Thanks to Bruce, Bill, and Steve for organizing, everyone else for attending, and to G.L.P. for not showing. (Just kidding, we missed you and your puffy, Vahn)

See you all next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyd View Post
    thanks so much for letting me know. try this and thank you for your patience!

http://s489.beta.photobucket.com/use...rton%20SF%20NJ

please let me know if it works. these photo sharing sites can be very difficult!
    i had such a nice time and really want to share the pics.

Works wonderfully now, thanks, they look great!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Great pictures, SBD. Thanks for sharing!

thanks so much for letting me know. try this and thank you for your patience!

http://s489.beta.photobucket.com/use...rton%20SF%20NJ

please let me know if it works. these photo sharing sites can be very difficult!
    i had such a nice time and really want to share the pics.

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    thanks Black Foot! Souderton... hey i grew up in Ottsville. Mom and Dad still live there
    Small world isn't it?
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    i did not attend this event these are some great pictures.
    i love the ti stove cool idea. i also was wondering about the small camper in one of sweetbabyd's pics? whose is that ? have any more information?
    I was also wondering about the wooden box that held a stove. do you have any plans for making one of those?
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    I was also wondering about the wooden box that held a stove. do you have any plans for making one of those?
    PM me your email and I will send you the plans.

Mike

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    A few asked to watch me take the stove apart, but I ended up staying a while. So I took some pictures of me taking it down for you who were interested.
    wow that little wood burning stove looks
    how warm did it keep thingsneo
    the matrix has you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    wow that little wood burning stove looks
    how warm did it keep thingsneo
    When it was fully going, I had to strip off many layers. Keep it going for bit before bed, and it'll warm your hammock and quilts. Waking up, just stick my arm out to relight and heat my water, and wait till it heats back up to get out and get dressed. Makes a world of difference.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345