various homemade Speer type
    Tarp
    10' X 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    CCfoam, Down quilt
    Suspension
    various
    Images
    To the crew that puts this together each year.
    Great job, once again it was a fabulous weekend.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Oh wow, fallkniven you have got to show me how you made that wonderful little stove! I love it!!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' x 72"
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    A few asked to watch me take the stove apart, but I ended up staying a while. So I took some pictures of me taking it down for you who were interested.
    That is incredible. I want one

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Oh wow, fallkniven you have got to show me how you made that wonderful little stove! I love it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by prismatic81 View Post
    That is incredible. I want one
    That's not my creation. The stove is from Titanium Goat. It's the 12" cylinder stove.
    Although there are instructions to make your own right here.

Had a wonderful time as expected.

The food was the same as last year FANTASTIC, thank you very much to the organizers of the NJ hang, as always you fellas did a great job.

Thank you Iafte for the Bacon Bomb, you rock bro!!!!!!!!

Thank you SBD (and hubby) for the pizza, it's that level of kindness and awesomeness that makes coming to a hang so enjoyable, well aside from the hammocks......

It was great to see old friends, and make some new ones. One of the greatest things is how much each and every hang grows larger every year it was great to see so many new faces, and I apologize if I did not shake hands and introduce myself to you all (not that you missed anything special).

Lookin forward to next year!!!!!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Images
    saturday afternoon i heard somebody just showed up and i ran over to see if it was SilverSurfer, but alas it was just Dutch we busted on him as we quietly checked out his hammock hardware
    thanks Dutch, for the dutchware for the raffle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    What a great time this hang was. Thanks to all that put this hang together. To Iafte for feeding me some Beef Bacon Bomb it was fantastic. Everything I ate Saturday night was fantastically awesomely amazingly mouthwatering. To Bug Hunter hope you had a great Birthday on Friday it was great celebrating with you. To all the new faces and new friends I meet and made hoping to see you all soon, to all the old friends I saw it was great seeing all of you and looking forward to hanging with you again soon. The highlight for me was sleeping in on Saturday till about noon it was a much needed nights rest in a hammock. Cant wait till next years hang.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Here are my Pictures I took.

I want to thank everyone who made it out. We had a great group this year. Was it only me or did the weekend fly by?

I'll try to a full report later tonight after I get everything packed away.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Well, bummed big time I couldn't make this one this year, but medical and other considerations jumped up. I actually spotted the two trees I hung from last year in the pics! The food looked just as amazing, and it looks like the hang is growing!

Thanks for posting all the pics, folks!

~ Sky
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Had a wonderful time as expected.

The food was the same as last year FANTASTIC, thank you very much to the organizers of the NJ hang, as always you fellas did a great job.

Thank you Iafte for the Bacon Bomb, you rock bro!!!!!!!!

Thank you SBD (and hubby) for the pizza, it's that level of kindness and awesomeness that makes coming to a hang so enjoyable, well aside from the hammocks......

It was great to see old friends, and make some new ones. One of the greatest things is how much each and every hang grows larger every year it was great to see so many new faces, and I apologize if I did not shake hands and introduce myself to you all (not that you missed anything special).

Lookin forward to next year!!!!!!!
    back 'atcha CB!! always great to see you! much love to you, Julie and the girls! so many wonderful friends! i was thrilled and relieved that i was toasty at 2.3 degrees! camped with Oh-No, Ferret, Early Bird, G-Hawk, and new cool friend Bill (oldnintheway). my kind husband Jim delivered pizza and my long-time friend Wendy visited too! they said backpackers seem to be the most peaceful, pleasant and nicest folks!!! Jim said the person *in the van* (Lisa EarlyBird) was so sweet! Paul (Oh-No) stored water in a cooler with hand-warmers. otherwise everything froze (oh my wipes!!) boiling water with a iso-pro stove and filling a Nalgene for a hot water bottle for bedtime was critical! Galena, i need a frost bib!! me n' Ferret both double-bagged it with two under-quilts and that was the ticket. we had clear, crisp, still full-moon nights and i have been so much more uncomfortable at warmer temps with dampness and wind. could we have had better weather?!? campfire with my friends. MML setting the style baseline. much gourmet food! a moonlit walk with Paul and G was just the thing before bedtime. you guys rock. waking up with your breath turning to a frost storm in your hammock! pizza in the morning on a poplar slab! cooking fresh eggs with a Trangia mini-23. shout-outs to friends i know - Jerzybearz! Maple, Kayak Karl, Stalker, MML, LRR, Dylan, Iafte, his Bro Bill,
    the friends who could not be here (Syb, Pro-V, TWO-TENTS! HC!, Knotty!, GLP) and to all the new friends i met will see again in the spring. how better my life is that i have met you.
    some pics:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps0e498904.jpg
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast